Mining Locomotive Battery
powered underground mining equipment
Discover the Best Underground Mining Locomotive Battery!
Get immediate supply of your underground mining loco battery. High performance with even more capacity & deep discharge performance! Traction battery for underground mining locomotives
No waiting for months together! Get in touch now!
Microtex Mining locomotive battery - We move you further in deep mines!
Microtex builds safe and reliable traction batteries for mining locomotive – battery electric locomotive applications. Mining locomotive batteries are 2v battery cells and need to be built with special care and shall not have any sparks in service. Microtex mining locomotive batteries are built with special care to ensure complete safety in operation, is the dependable and trustworthy power source for your mining locomotive deep underground. Trusted locomotive battery manufacturers.
What sets our mining locomotive battery apart from the rest?
Microtex have been exporting traction batteries since 1977. Not many battery companies can make that claim. 50 years of manufacturing experience puts our Microtex mining locomotive battery as one of the top mining locomotive battery manufacturers. Our mining locomotive battery is designed for deep-discharge performance. Manufactured with low antimony alloys, they require very less water topping up. A boon for underground mining locomotive use. Available in the complete international range from 40Ah to 1550Ah in British (BS) & German (DIN) specifications. Choose from either welded terminals for that perfect connection or for flexibility in use, you can have bolt-on terminals.
With a Microtex mining locomotive battery, you get:
- Trouble-free performance
- Reduced water topping-up needs, makes you feel it is a waterless battery!
- Faster charge acceptance with nano-carbons!
- High power efficiency – performs through the longer tunnels!
- Longer discharge period – heavy-duty, coupled with deep-cycle capabilities
- Long-life – better return on investment
Exporting Mining locomotive Battery to 43 countries since 1977!
Why Microtex Mining locomotive Battery?
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Complete Range of DIN & BS Types available
Microtex offers the complete international range of mining locomotive batteries meeting recognized German & British standards
- 2v PzS traction cells from 100Ah to 1550Ah
- 2v PzB traction cells from 42Ah to 1404Ah
All our mining batteries are designed by the reputed German Battery Scientist Dr Wieland Rusch. We have sold hundreds of thousands of cells globally since 1997
Specifications & manuals
Mining locomotive battery catalogue
Mining locomotive battery built with international specification 2v Traction cells with lead-acid technology
- 80v mining locomotive battery
- 96v mining locomotive battery
- 120v mining locomotive battery
- Complete custom-built options available
Mining battery maintenance
Always refer battery manufacturer’s user manual for safety. You can get the best life out of your battery by following the manufacturer’s user guide
Charging mining batteries
Please refer to these detailed instructions on charging for the correct charger settings of your Microtex Mining Locomotive battery
GTP, discharge curves & drawings
For Traction mining loco battery GTP, battery discharge curves, Drawings & mining loco battery price in India or for exports, Please send us a quick message with your requirements. We shall provide you with all information as required.
All mining locomotive batteries are available in International standard designs BS (British Standards) capacities from 42Ah to 1404Ah
& in DIN designs (German Standards) capacities from 100Ah to 1505Ah
Meets stringent specifications
Microtex mining locomotive battery meets stringent International standards. Microtex mining locomotive batteries comply with:
- IS 5154 (Part 1)2013
- IEC 60254-1:2005
- IEC 254-2
- EN 60 254-2
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand to meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Innovative Designs for mining locomotive battery
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Low antimony reduces the need to top up more frequently
- Correctly balanced active materials ensure enhanced energy densities that provide long life & trouble-free performance
- 150 bar high-pressure die-cast spine grids for tubular positive plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Tubular plates – not flat plates!
- Superior WOVEN tubular gauntlets (not NONWovens) for tubular plates
- Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Sturdy PPCP (polypropylene copolymer) for durability
- Factory fresh charged batteries. No-fuss no mess, use straight away
Microtex Mining Locomotive Battery Specifications
|Cell Type||Ah Per Positive Plate||Ah@C5 at 30ºC||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm) upto Cover||Height (mm) Overall||Dry Weight (Kg.)||Acid Volume (Ltr.)||Filled Weight (Kg.)|
Requirements for mining locomotive batteries
There are several important features for underground mining locomotive batteries which are dictated by the working environment. The problem areas for the mining locomotive batteries and the solutions offered by Microtex in the mining locomotive battery range are listed below:
- Reliability – there must be an absolute guarantee that the battery provides the rated performance from day one of installation. Mining companies cannot afford a single incident of not meeting a working day’s production or take a chance with any aspect of safety. For this, quality control at each stage of mining locomotive battery manufacture and final safety checks are essential. Microtex takes this responsibility very seriously and under their ISO 9000 accreditation, have ensured that every manufacturing stage and every component is checked for electrical, chemical and physical properties. The final product mining locomotive battery is 100% tested for both performance and safety.
- Ease of installation – when fitting a traction battery underground, often with limited space, there should be minimal skill and effort required. For this reason, Microtex supply the traction battery pre-assembled with charging plugs, fully tested and at top of charge ready to make a complete operational shift. The lifting eyes of the container are positioned to provide maximum stability when hoisted into and out of the loco battery compartment.
- Operation – the mining locomotive batteries should have enough capacity over their lifetime to deal with the operational requirements and maintenance should be minimal. In addition, the traction batteries must not overheat. Overheating leads to greater water loss, shorter working life from grid corrosion and greater gas evolution on charge. To ensure good operational characteristics, Microtex use traction batteries whose plates have a tubular construction. This is an important design principle as amongst other advantages, it provides the highest energy density of all lead-acid battery constructions.
Safety concerns in mining locomotive battery
– fire and explosions are the two main worries attached to battery powered underground mining equipment. Regarding explosions, the most common cause attributable to batteries is that of internal arcing when the mining locomotive battery has completed or is near the end of its charging cycle. Arcing can occur inside a mining locomotive battery if there are weak or inadequate joints between lead alloy components, often between the internal bus bar and the plates.
A spark generated here due to switching current on or off, or even a jolting movement of the loco, in association with a high hydrogen concentration from charging, will result in an explosion. This is why the welding processes in the Microtex mining locomotive battery assembly procedures are monitored and the bus bar and plate weld for every cell is inspected before passing to the next stage. There is also a random destructive test carried out each shift to test the integrity of these critical welds.
Sizing a mining locomotive battery
Battery sizing options – an important aspect of ensuring a long and trouble-free service life is to install a correctly sized mining locomotive battery. Matching the capacity to the operating cycle is key in obtaining the best value for money and the lowest TCO. The standard mining locomotive battery sizes offered by Microtex are comprehensive. There is also flexibility for capacity and cost options within the standard batteries due to the variety of sizes within the tubular traction 2v battery range. The 2v cells are offered in DIN and BS dimensions with a high capacity rating.
How much does a locomotive battery cost?
Locomotive battery cost is related to the voltage and Ah of the battery requirement. Please contact our sales team who will answer your queries promptly. Get in touch with the Microtex Sales team.
Here is the perfect solution if you want trouble-free battery performance
Getting a traction battery is half the task.
Experience shows that 90% of batteries last only 3 to 3 1⁄2 years.
Don’t let that happen! Discover long-lasting deep-cycle batteries from Microtex. Dependable lead acid battery capacity so you can get the complete performance of your battery-operated forklifts.
A traction battery should need lesser maintenance.
Special designer lead alloys, with super additives, tin, low-antimony, selenium, copper ensure a really long life of your Microtex forklift battery.
In addition, we add nucleating agents like copper & sulphur to ensure the lead electrodes do not corrode easily for a long time
Our Traction Batteries have seen life of 8 to 10 years
At Microtex we believe our customers must get the best battery performance & life consistently. To this end, we leave no stone unturned to ensure that you get a superior battery built with great care & passion.
The TRUTH about how To Choose a Dependable Forklift Battery... even if You Have Been Told All Traction Batteries Are Plus Or Minus The Same Thing!
Highly demanding customer base
- OEM suppliers of traction batteries to reputed Forklift Manufacturers like Nilkamal forklifts.
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Oil companies
- Indian Railways
- Electricity substations & Power generating stations across India
- Telecom Operators
Microtex is proud to be a high credential supplier to such esteemed customers.
Our happy customers
Outstanding Quality, Designs & Processes
We have total control over the production of most of the components used in the manufacture of a mining battery – because we manufacture most of the components in house!
We don’t have to depend on our vendors to make our mining battery reliable!
Get in touch, Now!
We don't just sell a battery! We build relations!
English हिन्दी (Hindi) हिन्दी (Bengali) Punjabi (Punjabi) Español (Spanish) Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Brazil)) 日本語 (Japanese) Русский (Russian) Indonesia (Indonesian) ไทย (Thai) 한국어 (Korean) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) العربية (Arabic) 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified)) 繁體中文 (Chinese (Traditional)) Tamil (Tamil) اردو (Urdu) Are you afraid your forklift battery will fail when you need it the most? Guide to
English हिन्दी (Hindi) हिन्दी (Bengali) Punjabi (Punjabi) Español (Spanish) Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Brazil)) 日本語 (Japanese) Русский (Russian) Indonesia (Indonesian) ไทย (Thai) 한국어 (Korean) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) العربية (Arabic) 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified)) 繁體中文 (Chinese (Traditional)) Tamil (Tamil) اردو (Urdu) What is a traction battery? what does traction battery mean? According to European standard IEC 60254