Mining Locomotive Battery powered underground mining equipment
Microtex Mining locomotive battery -We move you further in deep mines!
Microtex builds safe and reliable traction battery for mining locomotive – battery electric locomotive applications. Mining locomotive batteries are 2v battery cells and need to be built with special care and shall not have any sparks in service. Microtex mining locomotive batteries are built with special care to ensure complete safety in operation, is the dependable and trustworthy power source for your mining locomotive deep underground. Trusted locomotive battery manufacturers.
Mining Locomotive Batteries for underground mining locomotives
Faster charge with nano-carbons!
High power efficiency
What sets our mining locomotive battery apart from the rest?
Microtex have been exporting traction batteries from 1977. Not many battery companies can make that claim. 50 years of manufacturing experience puts our Microtex mining locomotive battery as one of the top mining locomotive battery manufacturers. Our mining locomotive battery is designed for deep-discharge performance. Manufactured with low antimony alloys, they require very less water topping-up. A boon for the underground mining locomotive use. Available in the complete international range from 40Ah to 1550Ah in British (BS) & German (DIN) specifications. Choose from either welded terminals for that perfect connection or for flexibility in use, you can have bolt-on terminals.
With a Microtex mining locomotive battery, you get:
- Trouble-free performance
- Reduced water topping-up needs, makes you feel it is a waterless battery!
- Faster charge acceptance with nano-carbons!
- High power efficiency – performs through the fairway!
- Longer discharge period – heavy-duty, coupled with deep-cycle capabilities
- Long-life – better return on investment
Microtex regularly exports mining locomotive battery, worldwide
Microtex mining locomotive battery meets stringent International standards. Microtex mining locomotive batteries comply with:
- IS 5154 (Part 1)2013
- IEC 60254-1:2005
- IEC 254-2
- EN 60 254-2
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand to meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Low antimony reduces the need to top up more frequently
- Correctly balanced active materials ensure enhanced energy densities that provide long life & trouble-free performance
- 150 bar high-pressure die-cast spine grids for tubular positive plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Tubular plates – not flat plates!
- Superior WOVEN tubular gauntlets (not NONWovens) for tubular plates
- Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Sturdy PPCP (polypropylene copolymer) for durability
- Factory fresh charged batteries. No-fuss no mess, use straight away
Mining locomotive battery catalogue
Mining locomotive battery built with international specification 2v Traction cells with lead-acid technology
- 80v mining locomotive battery
- 96v mining locomotive battery
- 120v mining locomotive battery
- Complete custom-built options available
All mining locomotive batteries are available in International standard designs BS (British Standards) capacities from 42Ah to 1404Ah
& in DIN designs (German Standards) capacities from 100Ah to 1505Ah
Maintenance & user manual
GTP, discharge curves & drawings
For GTP, discharge curves, drawings & mining locomotive battery prices or for exports, Please send us a quick message with your requirements. We shall provide you with all information as required.
Microtex Mining Locomotive Battery Specifications
|Cell Type||Ah Per Positive Plate||Ah@C5 at 30ºC||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Height (mm) upto Cover||Height (mm) Overall||Dry Weight (Kg.)||Acid Volume (Ltr.)||Filled Weight (Kg.)|
Requirements for mining locomotive batteries
There are several important features for underground mining locomotive batteries which are dictated by the working environment. The problem areas for the mining locomotive batteries and the solutions offered by Microtex in the mining locomotive battery range are listed below:
- Reliability – there must be an absolute guarantee that the battery provides the rated performance from day one of installation. Mining companies cannot afford a single incident of not meeting a working day’s production or take a chance with any aspect of safety. For this, quality control at each stage of mining locomotive battery manufacture and final safety checks are essential. Microtex takes this responsibility very seriously and under their ISO 9000 accreditation, have ensured that every manufacturing stage and every component is checked for electrical, chemical and physical properties. The final product mining locomotive battery is 100% tested for both performance and safety.
- Ease of installation – when fitting a traction battery underground, often with limited space, there should be minimal skill and effort required. For this reason, Microtex supply the traction battery pre-assembled with charging plugs, fully tested and at top of charge ready to make a complete operational shift. The lifting eyes of the container are positioned to provide maximum stability when hoisted into and out of the loco battery compartment.
- Operation – the mining locomotive batteries should have enough capacity over their lifetime to deal with the operational requirements and maintenance should be minimal. In addition, the traction batteries must not overheat. Overheating leads to greater water loss, shorter working life from grid corrosion and greater gas evolution on charge. To ensure good operational characteristics, Microtex use traction batteries whose plates have a tubular construction. This is an important design principle as amongst other advantages, it provides the highest energy density of all lead-acid battery constructions.
Safety concerns in mining locomotive battery
Safety – fire and explosions are the two main worries attached to battery powered underground mining equipment. Regarding explosions, the most common cause attributable to batteries is that of internal arcing when the mining locomotive battery has completed or is near the end of its charging cycle. Arcing can occur inside a mining locomotive battery if there are weak or inadequate joints between lead alloy components, often between the internal bus bar and the plates.
A spark generated here due to switching current on or off, or even a jolting movement of the loco, in association with a high hydrogen concentration from charging, will result in an explosion. This is why the welding processes in the Microtex mining locomotive battery assembly procedures are monitored and the bus bar and plate weld for every cell are inspected before passing to the next stage. There is also a random destructive test carried out each shift to test the integrity of these critical welds.
Sizing a mining locomotive battery
Battery sizing options – an important aspect of ensuring a long and trouble-free service life is to install a correctly sized mining locomotive battery. Matching the capacity to the operating cycle is key in obtaining the best value for money and the lowest TCO. The standard mining locomotive battery sizes offered by Microtex are comprehensive. There is also flexibility for capacity and cost options within the standard batteries due to the variety of sizes within the tubular traction 2v battery range. The 2v cells are offered in DIN and BS dimensions with a high capacity rating.
How much does a locomotive battery cost?
What is a traction battery? what does traction battery mean? According to European standard IEC 60254 – 1 lead acid traction battery are used as power sources for electric propulsion in applications which include road vehicles, locomotives, industrial forklift trucks and mechanical handling equipment(MHE). The traction battery pack can be made of 2 volt cells,
Batteries for Mining locomotive manufacturers In this blog, we examine the requirements for the very difficult underground duty of mining locomotive batteries. Whilst the safety requirements are understandably the main focus for underground usage battery designs and materials, we must not forget the importance of performance and the practical difficulties of maintenance and charging batteries