Microtex - Sustainability, Environment & CSR
Our vision for sustainability - to leave a cleaner earth for our future generations
Microtex environment policy- green & clean
We are committed to minimizing the adverse impacts of our activities on the environment. Towards this mission, we shall strive to continually improve the environment by:
- Establishing relevant environment objectives, targets and implement programs to support these objectives
- Use environmentally friendly technologies & practices for prevention of Air, Water & Land pollution
- Conserve natural resources and energy like lead, water, oil and electricity by minimizing their consumption & wastage
- Minimize wastage generation during the process; enhance recovery and recycle of lead and lead compounds
- Anticipate and prevent accidents and emergency situations related to the environment and human life
- Plant trees; develop greenbelts in and around our manufacturing locations
- Build awareness amongst our workforce, customers, suppliers & contractors on environmental issues by means of training
- Comply with all applicable legal / regulatory requirements & other identified environmental requirements
Sustainability. Only the best, for the future. We care.
- In our endeavour to manufacture and supply high quality lead acid batteries to the world, we have been consistent in our efforts to minimise our carbon footprint and continuously take measures to make our environment green
- Microtex provides a sapling with every traction battery sold, since 2016. We have selected the Silver Trumpet tree or called Tabebuia argentea as it grows easily in our country, growing to a height of over 20 metres requiring very little maintenance, it lives for hundreds of years. The tree has a lovely bloom of golden yellow flowers
Adding greenery for sustainability
CSR - Corporate Social Responsibility
Microtex is committed to the corporate social responsibilities cause and has been complying with this statutory requirement every year, with various initiatives to promote health and education in rural villages in Karnataka. Seen in the picture is a dining hall for children, under construction in a rural school:
- Promoting Education in Rural Schools in Karnataka
- Microtex works closely with Government run schools in rural areas to provide amenities and facilities such as school benches, cupboards & bureaus, tables & chairs for the teachers, school bags, ties, belts, chairs, tables, cooking ware, grinders, mixers, water filters, utensils, etc
- Construction of dining halls so the school children can have a comfortable place to have their food, in a hot or rainy day.
- Microtex have partnered with Nimhans hospital for their cVeda project to help in their cause of mental health
- Microtex is closely associated with Rotary club of Peenya, to fund underprivileged kidney patients to undergo free dialysis in a modern state-of-art medical dialysis centre in Rajajinagar.
- Microtex have assisted a Government school in Sadahalli village, Chikkabalapur district near Bengaluru to build a dining room facility.