OPzV Battery 12v & 2v cells
OPzV Batteries for BESS,
Solar Energy, Electricity, Nuclear & Standby Power
Electricity power plants
Solar off-grid power
Home solar power
Tubular Gel Battery manufacturers in India
2v 100Ah to 2v 3000Ah
2v OPzV batteries in ABS containers are designed for deep discharge and float long-duration applications in the Solar off-grid backup, Offshore Oil rigs, Telecommunication & Power Generation industries. Our OPzV cells are manufactured using the best industry techniques, extensive testing, and highest quality components. The ABS plastic containers maintain their rigid properties at a wide range of temperatures from −20 to 55 °C (−4 to 131 °F).
Tubular gel (or T Gel) OPzV batteries have precision German vent valves and no opening for water levels to check. Being a sealed unit, there is no risk of acid spillage. This battery can be installed in a horizontal or vertical position. Recharging is performed much more efficiently due to the special design of the active materials for faster charge acceptance. Gelled electrolyte ensures no stratification of acid & failure due to Partial State of Charge (PSoC)
- The full international range of 2v OPzV from 100Ah to 3000Ah cells meeting international standards
- Microtex 2v OPzV Batteries generally conform to:
- DIN 40 742 part 1,
- DIN EN 50 272-2
- IEC 60896-21, 22
- Heavy-duty battery terminal posts with special copper inserts
- Tin-lead plated copper intercell connectors
- Seismically floor stands floor available
- Robust & sturdy ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene) container & cover – does not bulge in service
- High-impact cover with large polarity indication enhances cell safety for easy visual of cell polarity
- Smart terminal pole bushing. Allows for growth & movement of terminal post upwards without causing breakage (common failure mode after the 7th year of service)
- High-quality German safety valve-regulated vent plugs with accurate opening & sealing pressures
- OPzV batteries supplied only with woven tubular bags we do not use nonwovens
- High-quality Thixo-tropic silica gel ensures cell will not dry out
- Designer lead alloys with specially formulated additives to prevent premature failures due to grid corrosion
- Special electrode design provides better & faster conductivity to the terminal posts with minimum internal resistance
- Calcium lead alloy grids provide for superb oxygen recombination & maintenance-free performance
- 150 bar high-pressure die-casted spine grids
- (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Balanced active materials
- High-quality copper inter-cell connectors
Microtex OPzV batteries are available in the complete internationally approved range from 2v 100Ah to 2v 3000Ah. The 10 OPzV 1000 is our fast selling battery
Please refer these charging instructions for the correct charger settings of your Microtex OPzV battery banks
GTP, Discharge curves & Drawings
For OPzV battery GTP, OPzV battery discharge curves, OPzV battery Drawings & OPzV battery price in India or for exports, Please send us a quick message with your requirements. We shall provide you with all information as required
What does OPzV mean?
On an interesting note… OPzV Definition is derived from German words and stands for O – Ortsfest (in German means Stationary) Pz – PanZerPlate means Tubular plate (for sturdy and robust) V – Stands for Verschlossen or Closed
What is OPzV Battery?
OPzV batteries are deep cycle batteries and generally refer to Sealed Maintenance Free Tubular Gel lead Acid Batteries in ABS containers. These batteries have a cell voltage of 2 volts and are connected together to obtain required voltages, usually used as a backup source in, Solar Battery applications, Power Generating Stations & Substation, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Hydro & Thermal Power Generation Facilities, and Standby applications. The electrolyte is in gelled form and the battery does not leak.
What are 2v OPzV batteries? OPzV battery meaning
There are two principal methods for acid immobilisation:
- use of absorptive glass mat which holds the acid in place called AGM VRLA batteries &
- the other, adding a fine silica powder to make a gel as in Gel Battery
Both methods, although very different, achieve the goal of immobilisation. They also provide the added benefit of recombining the gases released on charge to reform water, thereby removing the need for the water-addition maintenance procedures mentioned earlier for flooded lead-acid batteries.
Out of these two methods, the use of silica-gelled electrolyte is universally recognised as the best solution for deep discharge gel cell battery designs. There are two main reasons for this: the first is that the use of gelled electrolyte allows a tubular positive plate to be used, which is recognised as providing the best deep cycle properties for lead-acid batteries. The second reason is that the stratification of acid associated with deep discharges and limited-voltage recharging without gassing is avoided. These are significant advantages if you have deep cycle requirements as in solar battery applications.
OPzV Battery technology. What is gel battery technology?
An electrolyte which is immobilized as a GEL to ensure non-spillage and also to enable the transportation of hydrogen and oxygen released on charging (which is held inside the battery under pressure) to be recombined to form water. The benefit of immobilization extends further, it prevents the creation of strata of acid with different densities within the cells, called Acid Stratification.
In flooded batteries and sometimes AGM VRLA designs, denser gravity acid produced at the plates during charge can drop to the bottom of the cell leaving the weaker gravity acid at the top. Batteries in this condition suffer early failure from battery sulfation, premature capacity loss (PCL) and grid corrosion. Microtex have a Tubular gel battery plant imported from Germany and use high-grade imported fumed silica to give uncompromising life and performance to their Tgel cells.
OPzV vs OPzS Battery
OPzV Batteries are sealed maintenance-free batteries working on the VRLA oxygen recombination principle & requires no water topping-up. The vent is sealed with a valve-regulated plug which should not be opened. OPzS batteries are similar in basic construction using tubular plates however the electrolyte is flooded. The cell container has a vent for topping-up water lost during normal battery operations.
Tubular gel battery There are distinct advantages of lead-acid battery technology compared to lithium-ion battery & other electrochemical systems. Affordability, reliability, recyclability and safety are key issues in choosing the right battery for a particular application and lead-acid batteries will score highly in these categories. There is, however, a drawback when using conventional flooded lead-acid
AGM vs Gel Battery What Is a Gel Battery and how do they differ from AGM VRLA Batteries? You may think there’s not that much to know about batteries in general. As long as batteries work when you need them to, you are good to go. But there are so many things certain types of