Traction & Semi-traction
Microporous battery separator
What is a battery separator? Battery Separators are microporous diaphragms placed between the negative and positive plates of lead-acid batteries to prevent any contact between them to avoid internal short circuit but at the same time allow free circulation of the electrolyte. This kind of battery separator has a maximum pore size of less than 50-micron meter and lower electrical resistance of less than 0.16 ohm/cm sq. PVC battery separators are uniform in quality, free from holes, broken corners, splits, embedded foreign material, surface rupture, physical defects, etc. PVC battery separator have a very low electrical resistance which reduces internal loss saving on electric energy and improving battery performance.
Their high porosity in the PVC battery separator ensures easy diffusion of electrolyte and movement of ions guaranteeing battery performance even at high discharge rates. Being completely non-reactive to acids, active materials and emitted gases, It enhances the active life of the lead-acid battery and is an ideal choice for Tubular Gel Batteries with a designed battery life of 15 years – PVC Battery Separator will not disintegrate unlike some other types of battery separator. Because of these tremendous benefits, PVC battery separator are exclusively used in Plantè Batteries, Tubular Gel Batteries, Flooded OPzS cells and Flooded Nickel Cadmium Cells.
Properties of high-performance Microtex PVC battery separator
MICROTEX PVC separators surpass IS specifications
IS: 6071 1986
and have been tested and certified by the Central Electrochemical Research Institute, CSIR, Chennai to conform to IS specifications
Our chemical labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality equipment to test our separators for all chemical, mechanical & electrical properties to ensure your batteries are made with the best quality separators
- MICROTEX as a PVC battery separator material are chemically clean, uniform in quality, free from holes, broken corners, splits, embedded foreign material, surface rupture, physical defects as an important function of the battery.
- PVC battery separator technology is one of the most stable types of separators and is a component which is critical to the function of the battery.
- Microtex PVC separator does not disintegrate or rupture during its service life inside the lead-acid battery
- Has low electrical resistance and allows the free flow of electronic ions between the positive & negative electrodes during the reaction in a lead-acid battery
- Have no pinholes – 100% inspection done
Available in standard dimensions:
- Widths from 50mm up to 310mm
- Lengths from 100mm to 1500mm
- Thicknesses from 0.45mm to 5.00 mm
- Rib profiles – with or without ribs plain, diagonal, mini ribs, extra large ribs
Suitable for plante battery & best used in Tubular Gel battery
PVC Separators usage
PVC battery separators are exclusively used in lead-acid batteries, Plantè Batteries, Tubular Gel Batteries, Flooded OPzS cells and Flooded Nickel Cadmium Cells.
Please refer our battery separator material safety data sheet here
GTP & drawings
For GTP, battery separator drawings & price list for lead acid battery separator market, Please send us a quick message with your requirements. We shall provide you with all information as required.
What makes our Microtex battery separators world-class?
- Microtex battery separators have very low electrical resistance which improves battery performance. The high porosity ensures easy diffusion of electrolyte and movement of electronic ions guaranteeing battery performance even at high discharge rates. Being completely non-reactive to acids, active metals and emitted gases, Microtex separators enhance the active life of the battery.
- Microtex separators surpass IS specifications IS: 6071 1986 and have been tested and certified by the Central Electrochemical Research Institute, CSIR, Chennai to conform to IS specifications
- Microtex PVC separators are manufactured in both standard and custom sizes for automotive and industrial battery application. Every separator produced is visually inspected before being packed. Physical and chemical testing is done batch-wise. Routine checks made at key stages along the manufacturing process maintain Microtex separators’ consistently high-quality
- Microtex separators, combining the outstanding characteristics of low electric resistance, chemical cleanliness, higher porosity, low pore size, superior corrosive resistance and with a minimum level of oxidizable organics, make themselves extremely usable for automotive, traction, semi-traction like e rickshaws, & golf carts, stationary batteries, train lighting and all lead-acid batteries.
- Microtex sintered pvc separators have proven its performance and reliability for over 50 years of use. Five decades of experience and modern production methods and facilities have made Microtex the leading battery separator supplier in India. The key to their leading position in the separator industry is technological innovation, quality and service.
- Microtex Battery Separators have found unique applications as osmosis membranes and in Nickel Cadmium battery
What is the purpose of separator in a lead-acid battery?
The ideal situation inside a lead-acid battery is to have no separator at all! Since, in that case there would be no internal resistance! However, that would not be possible as the plates would short. The purpose of the battery separator is to create a barrier between the two electrodes & yet allow the free flow of electronic ions between them to keep the reaction happening.
How to test the porosity of a battery separator?
Determination of percentage of volume porosity of battery separator
A-1: Reagents: Distilled water
A-2: Procedure: Exactly cut 127 mm long x 19 mm wide using scissor. Stack 5 strips and fasten them together by wrapping a length of copper wire around one end. Fill the graduated cylinder with approx. 85ml of the D.M water, record this volume(A). immerse the strips in the liquid, shake the strips within the cylinder a few times to remove trapped air, place the stopper loosely on the top of the cylinder and let stand for 10 minutes. After the 10 min stand, record the increased volume of liquid (B).
The volume of the solid material is the increase in the volume of liquid, that is, B-A. Remove the stopper and withdraw the strips from the liquid. Shake the strips lightly at the top of the cylinder to allow any excess water adhering to the surface of the sample to drain back into the cylinder. Record the volume of the liquid remaining in the cylinder C. This volume will be less than that of the original starting volume. Since we have extracted with the sample quantity of the liquid retained in the microporous material. This decrease in volume (A-C) represents the volume of the pores.
A-3. Calculation: % of Volume porosity = A – C X 100
English हिन्दी (Hindi) हिन्दी (Bengali) Punjabi (Punjabi) Español (Spanish) Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Brazil)) 日本語 (Japanese) Русский (Russian) Indonesia (Indonesian) ไทย (Thai) 한국어 (Korean) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) العربية (Arabic) 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified)) 繁體中文 (Chinese (Traditional)) Tamil (Tamil) اردو (Urdu) Tubular plates: tall tubular battery vs flat plate battery 1. Types of lead acid battery plates
English हिन्दी (Hindi) हिन्दी (Bengali) Punjabi (Punjabi) Español (Spanish) Français (French) Português (Portuguese (Brazil)) 日本語 (Japanese) Русский (Russian) Indonesia (Indonesian) ไทย (Thai) 한국어 (Korean) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) العربية (Arabic) 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified)) 繁體中文 (Chinese (Traditional)) Tamil (Tamil) اردو (Urdu) PVC Battery Separators An overview of characteristics, manufacture & test methods PVC battery separators are microporous