Train Lighting Battery
Coach Battery for train lighting on railways
Microtex supplies batteries for train lighting system in indian railways. Industrial heavy-duty coach battery to the Indian Railways. Microtex is a Part 1 supplier. Microtex train lighting battery have been performing extremely well in the Indian Railways. Coaching mein battery, Microtex hi reliable, coaching battery supplier since 1994.
Trusted by the Indian Railways
Why Microtex is considered as the best
Train Lighting Battery Manufacturers
High-power density with high-temperature AGM separators
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Train lighting of railway coaches
What are the sources of power in train lighting? Indian Railways use coach batteries as a source of power when the train is stationary or moving at low speeds. The power supply unit along with the coach battery is fitted outside and underneath the coach.
Types of Train Lighting Battery used in railway coaches. The coach battery system for train lighting is designed to meet the harsh environments where dust and heat are generated as the train is speeding along the tracks facing the cold and the heat from different parts across India. Microtex coach battery is available for Train Lighting in Tubular Gel VRLA Battery & AGM VRLA cells 110v 120Ah.
For railway AC coaches train batteries Microtex offers 110v 1100Ah maintenance-free Valve Regulated Lead Acid Cells housed in steel modules. These are placed undercarriage in railway AC coaches battery box. The AC 3 tier coach battery capacity is 1100Ah.
Single Battery system for train lighting
Battery Bank in train coach. Why Microtex coaches batteries for train lighting is best.
Designed by Dr Wieland Rusch of Germany – Manufactured with precision and pride in India, we make the complete Train Lighting batteries and all its components in house ensuring a high level of quality without having to depend on outside vendors.
Microtex Train Lighting battery suppliers. lighting of railway coaches batteries
Microtex offers the complete range of Railway Train Lighting batteries in tubular plates technology & in flat plate AGM VRLA technology, meeting recognized RDSO standards. Microtex grid technology is an alloy of lead, tin, and antimony specifically formulated for use with Microtex NanoPlus Paste with Carbon Technology. The grid formulation provides outstanding structural adhesion between NanoPlus Active Material Paste and the grid frame. Making it work like a deep cycle battery. Read all about AGM VRLA Battery technology in this link.
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting batteries from 1977. 52 years of manufacturing experience puts our Railway Train Lighting batteries as one of the top 3 Railway Train Lighting batteries manufacturers. Designed for deep discharge performance, it is manufactured with special antimony alloys, requiring very less water topping-up. A boon for the Indian Railway coach maintenance team! Available in the complete range approved by RDSO. In capacities ranging from 110V 120Ah to 110V 1100Ah meeting stringent RDSO specifications.
Microtex Railway Train Lighting battery is made from completely formed plates; & not green plates, formed after assembly.
This is to eliminate any chance of unformed active material in the electrodes.
With Microtex Railway Train Lighting batteries, you get:
- Trouble-free performance
- Reduced water topping-up needs, makes you feel it is a waterless battery!
- Faster charge acceptance with nano-carbons!
- High power efficiency – performs through the fairway!
- Longer discharge period – heavy-duty, coupled with deep-cycle capabilities
- Long-life – better return on investment
The TRUTH about how To Choose a Dependable Railway Train Lighting Battery...
even if You Have Been Told All railway coaches batteries for train Are Plus Or Minus The Same Thing!
At Microtex we believe our customers must get the best Railway Train Lighting battery performance & life consistently. To this end, we leave no stone un-turned to ensure that you get a superior battery built with great care & passion.
What sets our Railway Train Lighting batteries apart from the rest? Lighting of railway coaches.
- Microtex 2V 1100Ah AGM VRLA batteries in PPCP containers with steel modules designed with special air-circulation vents – so the middle cells stay cool!
- Available in the latest RDSO approved specifications with amendments
- Operational Life: >4 years operation @ 27°C to RDSO specifications
- Maintenance-Free: No topping up water during the battery service life
- Operating temperatures: -20 deg c to +55 deg c
- Shelf life without recharge: May be stored up to 6 months
- Operational temperature: -20°C to 45°C, recommended 10°C to 35°C, short time 45°C to 55°C
- Reliability: Peace of mind that the AGM 2V VRLA train lighting battery backup power supply will remain constant; longer power backup discharges
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Thicker grid construction in popular European DIN design, for high-density performance with increased life
- Special insulators for plate ends: eliminates shorting
- Self-discharge: Approx 2-15% per month depending on storage temperature conditions
- Recovery after deep discharge: Very good
- Microtex grid technology is an alloy of lead, tin, and calcium specifically formulated for use with Microtex NanoPlus Paste with Carbon Technology. The grid formulation provides outstanding structural adhesion between NanoPlus Active Material Paste and the grid frame.Thicker gravity casted grids with reduced corrosion, resulting in enhanced battery performance, longer life, reducing maintenance costs and downtime.
- Price: A realistic, and competitive Railway train lighting battery price
- Delivery: fastest 30 days assured on time delivery, every time; Guaranteed
- Fire-retardant (FR) Grade PPCP containers, covers & post seal: Fire safe
Made in India with German Technology
- Leak-Proof terminal pole bushing. Our special pole bushing design ensures a complete seal & ensure no leak of either gases or acid throughout the VRLA battery lifespan (common failure seen)
- Microtex Train Lighting Battery Heavy-duty Battery Terminal posts & Connectors designed for the rated capacity without causing terminal melting or connector melting (common failure mode during service)
- High-quality hardened lead alloys used in terminals, with electrolytic grade copper inserts
- Trouble-free battery performance throughout its 4 year expected life
- High-quality Resilient Absorbent glass mat (AGM) separators ensure cells will not dry out
- AGM separators are C wrapped to eliminate shorting
- Modular design for ease of installation & stacking flexibility
- Calcium lead alloy grids provide for superb oxygen recombination & maintenance-free performance
- Large terminal post design: Strong posts with good conductivity & mechanical strength. Threaded, lead-tin copper inserts give increased conductivity & better high rate discharge performance, without heating up of terminals
- A larger contact area for better conductivity inserts eliminates melting of terminal
- Low internal resistance – Each & every cell is tested for IR
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers train lighting battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Robust heavy-duty construction, thicker grids, better AGM Separators, Proprietary paste mix formula, coupled to give deep-discharge performance
- After-sales: A fully committed, PAN India customer care service is available a phone call away to solve any Railway train lighting & air conditioning battery maintenance issue quickly and efficiently
If you need train lighting batteries, send us an inquiry, now.
Microtex Railway Train Lighting Battery Specifications
Microtex offers a heavy duty deep cycle railway Train lighting battery
in PPCP Containers housed in sturdy steel modules with special ventilation for extra cooling.
- 2v 1100Ah VRLA cells
- 110V 1100AH battery bank
Microtex Railway Train Lighting batteries are available ex stock. Quantities of 100 sets & above are usually delivered in 30 days
- Railway Train lighting & air conditioning batteries are dispatched in full lorry loads, secured well & is packed suitably for safe transport.
- Microtex ensures safe delivery
- All batteries come with our standard 1 year warranty
Microtex coach battery for train lighting & air conditioning comply & exceeds
RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/SPEC/AC/0058-2005 Rev 0, IS 6848:1979
VRLA batteries comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/SPEC/AC/0009-2014 Rev 2
Microtex have been supplying Coach Battery to the Indian Railways since 1994 & is a highly respected product
Industry-leading European Battery Experts work with us
The best experts from the European battery, industry assist in the design of Microtex Railway Train Lighting battery & Processes to European Standards – Making us the preferred Train Lighting Batteries Suppliers to the Indian Railways!
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting batteries from 1977!
Established as mfrs of PVC Battery Separators & PT Bags
Mr A Govindan our Founder & first generation entrepreneur, establishes Microtex pioneering the manufacture of battery separators & Tubular Bags which were import substitutes at the time. He obtained a patent for the Pluri Tubular Bags in 1975
Started exporting Traction Batteries to USSR
Not many companies in the world have the rich experience of manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977. Microtex have supplied over 4500 traction batteries a year during the period
Approved for supply of 2V batteries for Telecom
Started supplies of 2V flooded LMLA batteries to the state owned P&T
Approved for supply to Indian Railways
Batteries for rolling stock applications & stationary batteries for signaling applications.
launched INtelliBATT 12v TT inverter batteries
Highly successful Microtex 12V flooded batteries for the huge inverter battery markets
Started manufacture of VRLA Battery & TSEC approved
Microtex establishes manufacture of VRLA batteries for various applications. Obtained TSEC approvals for VRLA batteries from 2V 200Ah to 2V 5000Ah in a very short time. Supplies to BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Indus Towers, Huawei, Bharti infratel, Viom, etc
Dr Rusch, leading battery scientist joins Microtex
Dr Wieland Rusch, battery expert from Germany & inventor of copper stretch metal submarine batteries, joins Microtex to upgrade & bring to world class designs for the complete range of batteries including traction battery & developed the complete range of OPzS & OPzV Gel battery. Microtex was the first company to launch Gel batteries in India.
Started production of OPzS & OPzV battery
Microtex started supplies of 2V OPzS Batteries to Nuclear facilities in India & exported Gel batteries for various applications including telecom, solar energy storage
Dr McDonagh joins Microtex as CTO
Dr Michael McDonagh with his rich manufacturing experience in various leading battery companies, established strong process controls in Microtex
Fast forward to today
Microtex is legendary for its high quality batteries & reputed in the battery industry for its good & ethical business practices. Microtex manufacturing plant is environment friendly, involves employees & ensures their welfare is first. Microtex is probably one of the few companies worldwide to manufacture in house, the entire battery from the lead alloys, battery containers, the grid castings, plate manufacture, assembly & testing of batteries to world class standards.
Why choose Microtex VRLA Train Lighting Battery?
Technical information & unique characteristics
Robust construction for better train battery voltage
requirements of train lighting
with more benefits for you
Special unique features & benefits of Microtex Train Lighting Batteries
Special alloys for SMF performance
Ultra Maintenance Free characteristics. Microtex uses an unique grid alloy formulation comprising of Lead-Calcium-Tin Alloys. With Aluminum & some additional secret additives to create corrosion-free properties and arrest grid growth in the plates
Resilient Absorbent Glass-Mat
Microtex uses a special high-temperature, resilient Absorbent Glass-Mat separator with special compression strengths to ensure adequate volumes of electrolyte are retained in the AGM battery. This is critical since this is all the acid available to the battery during its long life.
Only formed plates used
The positive & negative electrodes are completely tank formed for complete conversion, washed in a 6 tank process with air agitation, and dried before assembly. Formation process is like giving a genetic code to the life of a battery.
99.985% Purity Lead
Every lot of High purity of lead, is tested in-house for purity with Spark Emission Spectrophotometer. Ensures very long life battery performance. Presence of impurities like, Ferrous, Zinc, Manganese, Nickel, Cadmium, etc harm the battery. If untested it can harm the battery causing ealry failures.
Nano-Carbon Paste formula
Microtex special paste formula incorporating nano-carbon additives with graphite ensures quick recharge due to higher charge acceptance rates. This gives it superior high-rate power C5 power ratings & minimizes charging time.
Amazing 127-points quality check
Our batteries go through 127 check points before the battery reaches you. Our stringent ISO systems & process controls ensure that you get a trustworthy, reliable & dependable battery. Resulting in increased uptime with higher productivity. Highest cyclic endurance & best in class gravimetric energy density.
Here is the perfect solution if you want
trouble-free Train Lighting battery performance
What is the cost of Railway Train Lighting battery?
Choose long-lasting deep-cycle batteries from Microtex. Dependable lead acid battery capacity with maintenance free characteristics, so you can get the complete performance of over 4 years. Your return on investment in Microtex Train Lighting batteries is assured with the high performance & long life!
How long do Railway Train Lighting batteries last?
Special designer lead alloys, with super additives like, tin, aluminum, calcium, etc ensure a really long life for your Microtex Railway Train Lighting battery. In addition, we add nucleating agents to ensure the lead electrodes do not corrode for a long time, ensuring very long life.
Microtex Railway Train Lighting Batteries
How much does a Train Lighting battery cost?
Send us an inquiry, now.
Our happy customers
All logos belong to the respective companies & Microtex is not associated with the brands
Microtex Reputation. Highly demanding customer base
- OEM suppliers to manufacturers
- leading user manufacturing industries
- Indian Railways
- Oil companies
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Exported globally
Get a quote, Now!
Established in 1969
Exporting Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Battery manufacturing plant in India
What Microtex customers experience
Send us an inquiry, now.
Related Battery Blog Articles
Battery Mistakes All Train Lighting battery Owners Need To Avoid!
Do not mix new batteries with old batteries
Railway Train Lighting Battery reconditioning: often reconditioning an old Train Lighting battery can become quite a costly affair if you keep replacing dead batteries one by one; even the new battery will drain out rapidly as the old batteries tend to draw more out of the new one.
Train Lighting replacement batteries: It is best to have an expert from the company visit you to have a thorough inspection of the Train Lighting batteries after a complete charge, compare the cell voltage, specific gravity to decide the state of charge & whether it needs to be replaced at all.
Avoid any sort of additives or desulfation methods
How to recondition Train Lighting batteries? Train Lighting Batteries are electro-chemical devices. All chemicals have a half-life period beyond which regeneration with chemical additives or desulfators for batteries have little effect if any temporary.
The normal mode of failure of Train Lighting batteries is usually due to grid corrosion towards the end of life, if the lead alloys are not designed properly. Desulfators cannot repair corroded grids.