Electric Locomotive Battery
For pantograph operation
Electric Locomotives in India require an electric locomotive battery to provide startup current
Trusted by the Indian Railways
Why Microtex are considered as leading
Electric Locomotive Battery Manufacturers
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Designed by Dr Wieland Rusch of Germany – Manufactured with precision and pride in India, we make the complete Electric Locomotive batteries and all its components in house ensuring a high level of quality without having to depend on outside vendors.
What are Electric Locomotive batteries?
Do electric trains have batteries?
Do electric locomotives have batteries? This is a common question we are asked. Electric Locomotives in India require an electric locomotive battery to provide startup current. It supplies power to the baby compressor that drives the pantograph (an apparatus mounted on the roof of the electric locomotive to collect power through contact with the overhead line. Typically a single or double wire is used, with the return current running through the rails). The electric locomotive battery also provides power to the onboard electronics & essential circuits including emergency lighting when the overhead supply fails.
The ac electric locomotive battery is designed to meet the tough environments inside the electric locomotive. Wabtec battery electric locomotive. It should be designed to withstand the vibrations & heat in the battery box of the locomotive. The electric locomotive uses a 110v 70Ah battery bank. Our Electric locomotive battery is designed for instant currents, delivering maximum power to run the baby compressor instantaneously, with deep-discharge performance, thanks to its tubular plate design. Manufactured with very low antimony alloys, they require very less water topping-up. A boon for the electric locomotive application. Approved by RDSO our Electric loco batteries are reliable & perform meeting & exceeding RDSO specifications. With a Microtex Electric locomotive battery, you get:
- Trouble-free performance
- Consistent currents
- Exceeds required number of cycles
- Excellent reserve capacity
- Reduced water topping-up needs
- Faster charge acceptance with nano-carbons!
- High power efficiency – recovers from PSoC quickly
Electric locomotive battery suppliers
Microtex offers the RDSO approved 10V 75Ah Electric Locomotive batteries in tubular plates technology, meeting & exceedig RDSO standards. Only tubular plate batteries can offer true deep cycle performance. Read all about tubular plate technology in this link.
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting batteries from 1977. 52 years of manufacturing experience puts our Electric Locomotive batteries as one of the top 10 Railway Electric Locomotive battery manufacturers. Designed for deep discharge performance, it is manufactured with special antimony alloys, requiring very less water topping-up. A boon for the Indian Electric Locomotive Battery maintenance team!
Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive battery is made from completely formed plates; & not green plates, formed after assembly.
This is to eliminate any chance of unformed active material in the electrodes.
With Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive batteries, you get:
- Trouble-free performance
- Reduced water topping-up needs, makes you feel it is a waterless battery!
- Faster charge acceptance with nano-carbons!
- High power efficiency – performs through the fairway!
- Longer discharge period – heavy-duty, coupled with deep-cycle capabilities
- Long-life – better return on investment
The TRUTH about how To Choose a Dependable Railway Electric Locomotive Batteries...
even if You Have Been Told All Railway Electric Locomotive Batteries Are Plus Or Minus The Same Thing!
At Microtex we believe our customers must get the best Railway Electric Locomotive battery performance & life consistently. To this end, we leave no stone un-turned to ensure that you get a superior battery built with great care & passion.
What sets our Railway Electric Locomotive batteries apart from the rest?
- Available in the complete internationally approved dimensions and fits most Electric locomotives globally
- Designer Low antimony-tin-selenium lead alloys ensure the need for frequent water topping up is substantially reduced – a blessing for the Railway Electric Locomotive battery maintenance
- Reduced Maintenance requirements: due to the very low antimony design with selenium as grain refiners, the need to top-up frequently is vastly reduced
- Microtex Electric Locomotive batteries are supplied only with woven tubular bags we do not use nonwovens
- Self-discharge: Approx 2-15% per month depending on storage temperature conditions
- Recovery after deep discharge: Very good
- Operational temperature: -20°C to 45°C, recommended 10°C to 35°C, short time 45°C to 55°C
- Microtex grid technology is an alloy of lead, tin, and antimony specifically formulated for use with Microtex NanoPlus Paste with Carbon Technology. The grid formulation provides outstanding structural adhesion between NanoPlus Active Material Paste and the grid frame.
- Thick high pressure die casted grids at an incredible 150 bar pressure, creates a robust spine grid with reduced corrosion, resulting in enhanced battery performance, longer life, reducing maintenance costs and downtime.
Made in India with German Technology
- Operational Life: >288 cycles operation @ 25°C to RDSO specifications
- Railway Electric Locomotive Heavy-duty Battery Terminal Connectors designed for the rated capacity without causing terminal melting or connector melting (common failure mode during service)
- High-quality hardened lead alloys used in terminals & connectors, also with brass inserts
- Trouble-free battery performance throughout its 4 year expected life
- A dedicated support team for customer service to help you with the Railway Electric Locomotive battery replacement
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers Electric Locomotive battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Robust heavy-duty construction, thicker spines, coupled with deep-discharge performance
- Price: A realistic, and competitive Railway Electric Locomotive battery price
- Delivery: fastest 21 days assured on time delivery, every time; Guaranteed
- After-sales: A fully committed, PAN India customer care service is available a phone call away to solve any Railway Electric Locomotive battery maintenance issue quickly and efficiently
If you need Electric Locomotive battery for sale, send us an inquiry, now.
Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive Battery Specifications
Microtex offers a heavy duty deep cycle railway Electric Locomotive battery in PPCP Containers.
- 10v 75Ah
Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive batteries are available ex stock. Quantities of 100 batteries & above are usually delivered in 21 days
- Railway Electric Locomotive batteries are dispatched in full lorry loads/small trucks , secured well & is packed suitably for safe transport.
- Microtex ensures safe delivery
- All batteries come with our standard 1 year warranty
Microtex Electric Locomotive batteries meet stringent RDSO Standards and meets electrical performance to comply with:
- Microtex Electric locomotive battery comply with RDSO Specification RDSO/PE/EMU/SPEC/0014-2000 Rev 0 Amdt 1 & 2
Microtex have been supplying locomotive engine starter batteries to the Indian Railways since 1994 & is a highly respected battery.
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Industry-leading European Battery Experts work with us
The best experts from the European battery, industry assist in the design of Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive battery & Processes to European Standards – Making us the preferred Electric Locomotive Batteries Suppliers to the Indian Railways!
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting batteries from 1977!
Established as mfrs of PVC Battery Separators & PT Bags
Mr A Govindan our Founder & first generation entrepreneur, establishes Microtex pioneering the manufacture of battery separators & Tubular Bags which were import substitutes at the time. He obtained a patent for the Pluri Tubular Bags in 1975
Started exporting Traction Batteries to USSR
Not many companies in the world have the rich experience of manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977. Microtex have supplied over 4500 traction batteries a year during the period
Approved for supply of 2V batteries for Telecom
Started supplies of 2V flooded LMLA batteries to the state owned P&T
Approved for supply to Indian Railways
Batteries for rolling stock applications & stationary batteries for signaling applications.
launched INtelliBATT 12v TT inverter batteries
Highly successful Microtex 12V flooded batteries for the huge inverter battery markets
Started manufacture of VRLA Battery & TSEC approved
Microtex establishes manufacture of VRLA batteries for various applications. Obtained TSEC approvals for VRLA batteries from 2V 200Ah to 2V 5000Ah in a very short time. Supplies to BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Indus Towers, Huawei, Bharti infratel, Viom, etc
Dr Rusch, leading battery scientist joins Microtex
Dr Wieland Rusch, battery expert from Germany & inventor of copper stretch metal submarine batteries, joins Microtex to upgrade & bring to world class designs for the complete range of batteries including traction battery & developed the complete range of OPzS & OPzV Gel battery. Microtex was the first company to launch Gel batteries in India.
Started production of OPzS & OPzV battery
Microtex started supplies of 2V OPzS Batteries to Nuclear facilities in India & exported Gel batteries for various applications including telecom, solar energy storage
Dr McDonagh joins Microtex as CTO
Dr Michael McDonagh with his rich manufacturing experience in various leading battery companies, established strong process controls in Microtex
Fast forward to today
Microtex is legendary for its high quality batteries & reputed in the battery industry for its good & ethical business practices. Microtex manufacturing plant is environment friendly, involves employees & ensures their welfare is first. Microtex is probably one of the few companies worldwide to manufacture in house, the entire battery from the lead alloys, battery containers, the grid castings, plate manufacture, assembly & testing of batteries to world class standards.
Why choose a Microtex Electric Locomotive Batteries?
Technical information & unique characteristics
You get -
with more benefits for you
Special unique features & benefits of Microtex Electric Locomotive Batteries
Special Patented alloys for ULM
Ultra Low Maintenance characteristics. Microtex uses very low antimony selenium tin lead alloys to ensure water consumption is minimum. Reducing the need for frequent water topping up. Feels like a water less battery!
Woven Pluri-Tubular Bags
Microtex only uses the higher quality woven PT Bags (NOT Nonwoven like in teabags). Made from high-tenacity, multi-strand, multi-filament polyester yarns treated with acrylic resins for high acid-resistance & oxidation resistance. The plate will not rupture during service!
Incredible 150 Bar Rusch Spine Grid
The spine grids for the tubular plate electrodes are cast on ultra-modern pressure die casting machines. Lead is compacted densely into the spines under these high pressures. Keeps the heavy duty grids corrosion-free
99.985% Purity Lead
Every lot of High purity of lead, is tested in-house for purity with Spark Emission Spectrophotometer. Ensures very long life battery performance. Presence of impurities like, Ferrous, Zinc, Manganese, Nickel, Cadmium, etc harm the battery. If untested it can harm the battery causing ealry failures.
Nano-Carbon Paste formula
Microtex special paste formula incorporating nano-carbon additives with graphite ensures quick recharge due to higher charge acceptance rates. This gives it superior high-rate power C5 power ratings & minimizes charging time.
Amazing 127-points quality check
Our batteries go through 127 check points before the battery reaches you. Our stringent ISO systems & process controls ensure that you get a trustworthy, reliable & dependable battery. Resulting in increased uptime with higher productivity. Highest cyclic endurance & best in class gravimetric energy density.
Here is the perfect solution if you want
trouble-free Electric Locomotive battery performance
Electric Locomotive battery life
Choose long-lasting deep-cycle tubular batteries from Microtex. Dependable lead acid battery capacity so you can get the complete performance of over 4 years. Your return on investment in Microtex Electric Locomotive batteries is assured with the high performance & long life!
How long do Railway Electric Locomotive batteries last?
Special designer lead alloys, with super additives, tin, low-antimony, arsenic, ensuring a really long life for your Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive battery. In addition, we add nucleating agents like selenium, sulfur & copper to ensure the lead electrodes do not corrode for a long time, ensuring a very long life. The addition of nucleating agents gives the grids a fine-grained structure with good corrosion resistance as otherwise, the coarse dendritic structure will be prone to hot cracking and porosity.
Microtex Railway Electric Locomotive Batteries
How much does an electric locomotive battery cost?
Send us an inquiry, now.
Our happy customers
All logos belong to the respective companies & Microtex is not associated with the brands
Microtex Reputation. Highly demanding customer base
- OEM suppliers to manufacturers
- leading user manufacturing industries
- Indian Railways
- Oil companies
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Exported globally
Get a quote, Now!
Established in 1969
Exporting Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Battery manufacturing plant in India
What Microtex customers experience
Send us an inquiry, now.
Related Battery Blog Articles
Battery Mistakes All Electric Locomotive battery Owners Need To Avoid!
Do not mix new batteries with old batteries
Railway Electric Locomotive Battery reconditioning: often reconditioning an old locomotive battery can become quite a costly affair if you keep replacing dead batteries one by one; even the new battery will drain out rapidly as the old batteries tend to draw more out of the new one.
Electric Locomotive replacement batteries: It is best to have an expert from the company visit you to have a thorough inspection of the Electric Locomotive batteries after a complete charge, compare the cell voltage, specific gravity to decide the state of charge & whether in needs to be replaced at all.
Avoid any sort of additives or desulfation methods
How to recondition Electric Locomotive batteries? Loco Batteries are electro-chemical devices. All chemicals have a half-life period beyond which regeneration with chemical additives or desulfators for batteries have little effect if any temporary.
The normal mode of failure of Electric Locomotive batteries is usually due to grid corrosion if the lead alloys are not designed properly. Desulfators cannot repair corroded grids.