2V VRLA BATTERY
Best vrla battery life with
high-temperature AGM separators
Microtex has been manufacturing 2V VRLA batteries since 2007 for Telecom, Solar & Standby battery applications meeting Global standards.
VRLA Battery manufacturers in India - 2v 100Ah to 2v 5000Ah
Microtex VRLA Battery are 2v valve-regulated VRLA batteries with high power-density use high-temperature resilient absorbent glass mat separators. Available in a wide range of 2v cells from 100Ah to 5000Ah. 2v VRLA cells for the Standby Power & Telecom industry from Microtex are sealed maintenance-free battery and come with assured quality.
What is a VRLA Battery? In a VRLA cell, the oxygen produced at the positive migrates to the negative where it is reduced to reform water. Valve Regulated VRLA lead Acid or commonly called VRLA Batteries are sealed maintenance-free. It is sealed for the life of the battery. Have no water loss, due to the gas recombination process. Water loss is eliminated making it a maintenance-free battery. The absorbent glass mat (AGM) design allows transport for the gas recombination of Oxygen inside the battery. As the gases are transported through the absorbent glass mat separator, it recombines hydrogen & oxygen, to form water which goes back into the chemical reaction to generate power on the next charge-discharge cycle.
For Nuclear, Thermal & Hydro-power generating plants, Telecom industry, Indian railways, & Solar energy storage
2v VRLA cells are rechargeable lead-acid battery banks used for power backup as a battery bank with high rates of discharge in Solar, Telecom, Data centres, and Standby applications. VRLA Battery meaning: Microtex Sealed Lead Acid batteries, being a gas recombination valve regulated lead acid AGM battery, it is a completely sealed maintenance-free SMF battery. The internal resistance is measured for each and every cell to ensure high consistency & reliability. A high-rate discharge test is performed for each cell to ensure battery integrity. Voltage is regulated by the correct and balanced active materials proportions, ensuring high cycle life performance for the Best VRLA cell life
Why Microtex 2v AGM VRLA Batteries?
The perfect solution if you want SMF 2v AGM battery performance
What is the cost of a 2V AGM battery bank?
Experience shows that 80% of 2V AGM VRLA batteries last only 5 to 7 years.
Don’t let that happen! Choose long-lasting deep-cycle batteries from Microtex.
- Long service life – 15 years designed life – best return on investment cost
Dependable lead acid battery capacity so you can get complete performance. Your return on investment in Microtex 2V AGM VRLA batteries ensures the long term cost is way lower.
Why Microtex 2V AGM VRLA Batteries are made better?
Microtex produces the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets, PVC separators in house, and produces the complete battery using state-of-the-art industry-standard battery making machinery. Our batteries are built with proven designs and undergo complete life cycle testing to international norms before they are offered to the market. The electrical lab is complete with high-quality LCT from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron.
The best 2v AGM VRLA battery technology
- Microtex 2V AGM VRLA batteries in PPCP containers with steel modules are available from 2v 100Ah to 2v 5000Ah.
- 2V VRLA Life: > 15 years in standby float operation @25°C – 4000 cycles at 20% depth of discharge
- Maintenance-Free: No topping up water during the operational life
- Operating temperatures: -20 deg c to +55 deg c
- Self-discharge: Approx 1% per week at 25°C
- Shelf life without recharge: May be stored up to 6 months
- Operational temperature: -20°C to 45°C, recommended 10°C to 35°C, short time 45°C to 55°C
- Reliability: Peace of mind that the AGM 2V VRLA backup power supply will remain constant; longer power backup discharges during a power outage
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Thicker grid construction in popular European DIN design, for high-density performance with increased life
- Special insulators for plate ends: eliminates shorting
- Price: A realistic, and competitive 2V VRLA battery price
- Delivery: On time, every time; Guaranteed
- After-sales: We are a 2V VRLA battery manufacturer in India with a fully committed, PAN India customer care service is available a phone call away to solve any issue quickly and efficiently
Deep cycle VRLA Batteries (Absorbent Glass Mat Separator)
Made in India with German Technology
- Leak-Proof terminal pole bushing. Our special pole bushing design ensures a complete seal & ensure no leak of either gases or acid throughout the AGM battery lifespan
- High-quality Resilient Absorbent glass mat (AGM) separators ensure cells will not dry out
- AGM separators are C wrapped to eliminate shorting
- Modular design for ease of installation & stacking flexibility
- Calcium lead alloy grids provide for superb oxygen recombination & maintenance-free performance
- Large terminal post design: Strong posts with good conductivity & mechanical strength. Threaded, lead-tin brass or copper inserts give increased conductivity & better high rate discharge performance, without heating up of terminals
- A larger contact area for better conductivity inserts eliminates melting of terminal
- Fire-retardent (FR) Grade PPCP containers, covers & post seal: Fire safe
- Low internal resistance values for each cell
- A dedicated design team for customer service to help you through selection & sizing options
- Microtex 2V VRLA batteries have been exported from 2007
- The combination of Tin-calcium lead alloy tubular positive plates and lead selenium with low antimony alloys deliver the best performance. in VRLA battery type technology for ultra-long battery life & performance.
- VRLA Batteries ventilation requirements: release gases under controlled valve regulation that require minimum ventilation unlike flooded batteries
- Seismically qualified battery racks are available
Please read an interesting article on vrla battery vs lithium-ion battery in our blog page. Also read another very interesting article on vrla battery advantages disadvantages.
Microtex Sealed Maintenance Free 2v VRLA batteries - AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) Separator
Request a quote, now
Microtex 2V VRLA Battery datasheet, technical information, & downloads
Microtex 2V AGM VRLA batteries are available from 2v 100Ah to 2v 5000Ah in hermetically heat sealed PPCP containers & PPCP covers, housed in Stackable MS Modules
|Positive plate||Tubular plate with special calcium tin alloy|
|Negative plate||Flat pasted with nanocarbons & special additives|
|Separators||Microporous PVC battery separators|
|Container||Flexible yet robust Polypropylene CoPolymer (PPCP) housed in steel modules, ensure no bulging during service life of battery|
|Cover/lid||Polypropylene CoPolymer (PPCP) with large visual indicators for polarity|
|Electrolyte||Sulfuric acid with a density of 1.26 kg/l, fixed as GEL by fumed silica|
|Specific gravity||1.260SG @ 25ºC|
|Terminal pillar post||100% gas & electrolyte-tight, sliding design with plastic coated kind of moving pole bushing with M10 brass inserts|
|Intercell connectors||Electrolytic grade lead plated copper connectors of rated capacity|
|Vent valve||Valve Regulated Vent Plugs from Germany, high precision opening & closing pressures with explosion inhibiting ceramic|
|Operating temperature||-20ºC to 55ºC optimum recommended temp is 10ºC to 30ºC|
|Depth of discharge||normally up to 80%|
|IU Characteristics||Imax without limitation|
|U=2.25 V/cell +- 1% between 10ºC and 45ºC|
|Boost charge||U=2.35 to 2.40V/cell time limited|
|Charging time up to 88%||6h with 1.5xI10 Initial current, 2.23 V/cell, which was previously discharged up to 80% C3 rate|
2V VRLA batteries are usually delivered in 30 days. We ensure that you get factory fresh batteries for your order every time.
- 2V VRLA Batteries are supplied fully assembled in steel modular racks to required voltages and placed on wooden pallets bolted suitably for safe transport.
- Standard 1 year for all supplies
Microtex AGM 2V VRLA Batteries generally conform to
- IEC 60896-Part 21 & 22
- IEC 61427
- IEEE 1188 & 1189
- BSNL GR No TEC/GR/TX/BAT-001/04 June 2011 with Amdt No 1
2 volt VRLA cells (AGM Batteries) performance details:
- Self discharge : Less than 1% per week
- Shelf life before recharge required: 6 months please refer instruction manual for storage requirements
- Operating temperatures : -20 deg c to +55 deg c
- Designed Float Life : 20 years
- Designed cycle life at 25 deg c:
– 4000 cycles at 20% depth of discharge
– 2000 cycles at 50% depth of discharge
– 1200 cycles at 80% depth of discharge
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting 2V VRLA batteries from 2007
for various battery storage applications meeting International norms
Established as mfrs of PVC Battery Separators & PT Bags
Mr A Govindan our Founder & first generation entrepreneur, establishes Microtex pioneering the manufacture of battery separators & Tubular Bags which were import substitutes at the time. He obtained a patent for the Pluri Tubular Bags in 1975
Started exporting Traction Batteries to USSR
Not many companies in the world have the rich experience of manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977. Microtex have supplied over 4500 traction batteries a year during the period
Approved for supply of 2V batteries for Telecom
Started supplies of 2V flooded LMLA batteries to the state owned P&T
Approved for supply to Indian Railways
Batteries for rolling stock applications & stationary batteries for signaling applications.
launched INtelliBATT 12v TT inverter batteries
Highly successful Microtex 12V flooded batteries for the huge inverter battery markets
Started manufacture of VRLA Batteries & TSEC approved
Microtex establishes manufacture of VRLA batteries for various applications. Obtained TSEC approvals for VRLA batteries from 2V 200Ah to 2V 5000Ah in a very short time. Supplies to BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Indus Towers, Huawei, Bharti infratel, Viom, etc
Dr Rusch, leading battery scientist joins Microtex
Dr Wieland Rusch, battery expert from Germany & inventor of copper stretch metal submarine batteries, joins Microtex to upgrade & bring to world class designs for the complete range of batteries including traction battery & developed the complete range of OPzS & OPzV Gel battery. Microtex was the first company to launch Gel batteries in India.
Started production of OPzS & OPzV battery
Microtex started supplies of 2V OPzS Batteries to Nuclear facilities in India & exported Gel batteries for various applications including telecom, solar energy storage
Dr McDonagh joins Microtex as CTO
Dr Michael McDonagh with his rich manufacturing experience in various leading battery companies, established strong process controls in Microtex
Fast forward to today
Microtex is legendary for its high quality batteries & reputed in the battery industry for its good & ethical business practices. Microtex manufacturing plant is environment friendly, involves employees & ensures their welfare is first. Microtex is probably one of the few companies worldwide to manufacture in house, the entire battery from the lead alloys, battery containers, the grid castings, plate manufacture, assembly & testing of batteries to world class standards.
Why choose a Microtex 2V AGM battery?
Technical information & characteristics
2V AGM battery the failsafe battery, with German technology
with more benefits for you
Microtex 2V AGM VRLA Batteries Applications
Microtex 2V AGM VRLA Batteries for Solar Energy
Microtex have been manufacturing AGM batteries from 2007
Microtex 2V AGM Battery for Nuclear Power plants
Microtex 2V AGM VRLA Batteries when your standby power needs are critical
Microtex 2V VRLA Batteries for Telecommunications
High-temperature VRLA batteries with high-power density ensure better ROI
Microtex VRLA Batteries for power generation
Maintenance-free Standby battery power systems for electricity generating stations
2V AGM VRLA Batteries for C&I customers, off-grid solar home users, Data centres, Telecommunications, large UPS systems, Nuclear power generation plants, Thermal power stations, Hydro-electric power plants, Electricity substation battery requirements, Large Solar photovoltaic systems, Oil & gas industry, Petrochemical plants, Controls & Switchgear & controls
Send us an inquiry, now.
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Our happy customers
All logos belong to the respective companies & Microtex is not associated with the brands
Microtex Reputation. Highly demanding customer base
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- National Hydro Power Corporation
- Electricity substations & Power Generating Stations across India
- Indian Railways
- Oil companies
- Telecom operators
Get a quote, Now!
Established in 1969
Exporting Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Battery manufacturing plant in India
What Microtex customers experience
What is the difference between AGM and GEL batteries?
|Comparision of AGM and GEL Battery|
|AGM VRLA Battery||GEL Batteries|
|Nominal 2 volts per cell||Nominal 2 volts per cell|
|Positive plate Alloy is made from Calcium Plus||Positive plate Alloy is made from Calcium Plus|
|Positive electrode is flat pasted plate||Positive electrode is usually tubular plate|
|Electrolyte is immobilized in Absorbent Glass mat separators in a starved electrolyte condition||Electrolyte is gellified with thixotropic silica – level is well above the busbar|
|Maintenance-free no Topping up with water||Maintenance free no Topping up with water|
|The Plates are DIN design ie width of 198mm||The Plates are DIN design ie width of 198mm|
|Special Leak-proof terminal bush design||Special terminal bush design will allow to move the positive terminal pole growth movement and keeps 100% seal against acid and gases|
|Cells can be installed in horizontal or vertical position||Cells can be installed in horizontal or vertical position|
|The immobilized electrolyte has the advantage of no acid stratification and no failures due to the partial state of charge.||The gelled electrolyte has the advantage of no acid stratification and no failures due to the partial state of charge.|
|Self discharge is less than 1% per week||Self discharge is less than 1% per week|
|Design float Life is 15 years Plus||Design float Life is 20 years Plus|
|Complies with IS15549:2005, IS15549:2005, IEC 60896-Part 21 & 22, IEC 61427, IEEE 1188 & 1189||Complies with DIN 40 742 part 1, Tests according to IEC 60 896-21,22 and safety standards, ventilation DIN EN 50 272-2.|
Microtex AGM battery is the most popular telecom battery worldwide
Send us an inquiry, now.
Related Battery Blog Articles