12V AGM BATTERY
Microtex SMF Battery for inverter
at the best 12V SMF battery price in India
Microtex have been manufacturing SMF battery in India since 2007 for Telecom, Solar & Standby battery applications meeting Global standards.
What is SMF Battery?
An SMF battery or also called Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery is simply a lead-acid battery in which the electrolyte has been immobilised in order to recombine hydrogen and oxygen. It has a sealed construction with pressure release valves to prevent gases from escaping, it is this which gives it its name.
What is SMF Battery Technology?
Because the electrolyte is no longer in a fluid state, due to being absorbed into a finely textured glass mat, the gases produced are not free to form bubbles and rise to the surface of the electrolyte. Instead, they are trapped in the immobilised matrix and forced to travel to the opposite poles by the pressure gradient produced when on charge. In a free liquid, this would be impossible.
What is AGM battery? What is AGM Battery technology?
AGM is the short form for Absorbent Glass Mat separator. It is in this separator which is made from 100% glass and feels like blotting paper, that the acid is stored.
AGM Battery uses:
12V AGM Batteries are suitable for Solar battery backup, UPS & Inverter systems, Switchgear & controls, Banks, Insurance & Office power backup, Traffic management systems
SMF Battery uses:
- SMF Battery for inverter
- SMF Battery for UPS
- SMF Battery for Solar
- SMF Battery for home inverters
Microtex 12v AGM battery – valve-regulated (VRLA) with high power density using absorbent glass mat are available in a wide range from 70Ah to 200Ah. VRLA 12v AGM Battery for the UPS & Inverter industry from Microtex are sealed maintenance-free batteries and come with assured quality. Microtex incorporates battery research and design from years of its own experience and that of reputed European Battery Scientists. Microtex 12v AGM battery series – delivers trouble-free performance with an ultra-long life on float applications. They are supplied in a charged condition ready for use.
What is VRLA SMF Battery? What is difference between VRLA and SMF battery? what does AGM stand for?
VRLA stands for Valve Regulated Lead Acid battery & SMF stands for Sealed Maintenance Free. Both are characteristics of a 12V AGM Battery. AGM stands for Absorbent Glass Mat separator.
12v SMF battery specifications, SMF Battery technology
- Microtex 12V SMF VRLA batteries in ABS containers are available from 12v 70Ah to 12v 200Ah.
- 12V AGM Battery Life: > 10 years in standby float operation @25°C – 1450 cycles at 20% depth of discharge
- Maintenance-Free: No topping up water during the operational life
- Operating temperatures: -20 deg c to +55 deg c
- Self-discharge: Approx 1% per week at 25°C
- Shelf life without recharge: May be stored up to 6 months
- 12V AGM Battery internal resistance typically 3.3mΩ
- Operational temperature: -20°C to 45°C, recommended 10°C to 35°C, short time 45°C to 55°C
- Reliability: Peace of mind that the AGM 12V SMF battery backup power supply will remain constant; longer power backup discharges during a power outage
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Thicker gravity cast grid construction in popular European DIN design, for high-density performance with increased life
- Special insulators for plate ends: eliminates shorting
- Price: A realistic, and competitive 12V SMF battery price in India
- Delivery: On time, every time; Guaranteed
- After-sales: We are a 12V SMF battery manufacturer in India with a fully committed, PAN India customer care service is available a phone call away to solve any issue quickly and efficiently
Made in India with German Technology
- Leak-Proof terminals pole bushing. Our special design makes for a complete seal & ensures no leak of either gases or acid throughout the SMF battery life time
- High-quality Resilient Absorbent Glass Mat separators (AGM) ensure cells will not dry out
- (AGM) Battery separators are C wrapped to eliminate shorting
- Modular design for ease of installation & stacking flexibility
- Calcium lead alloy grids provide for superb oxygen recombination & maintenance-free performance
- Large terminal post design: Strong posts with good conductivity & mechanical strength. Threaded, lead-tin brass or copper inserts give increased conductivity & better high rate discharge performance, without heating up of terminals
- A larger contact area for better conductivity inserts eliminates melting of terminal
- Fire-retardent (FR) Grade PPCP containers, covers & post seal: Fire safe
- Low internal resistance values for each cell
- A dedicated design team for customer service to help you through selection & sizing options
- Microtex 12V 100Ah SMF battery price in India is the most competitive
- The combination of Tin-calcium lead alloy tubular positive plates and lead selenium with low antimony alloys deliver the best performance. in VRLA battery type technology for ultra-long battery life & performance.
- VRLA Battery ventilation requirements: release gases under controlled valve regulation that require minimum ventilation unlike flooded batteries
- Seismically qualified battery racks are available
For the Best 12V AGM Battery price in India
Request a quote, now
Microtex 12V AGM Battery datasheet, technical information, & downloads
Microtex 12V AGM batteries are available from 70Ah to 12v 200Ah in ABS containers & ABS covers & are sealed maintenance free batteries.
|Positive plate||Flat plate with special calcium tin alloy|
|Negative plate||Flat pasted with nanocarbons & special additives|
|Separators||Highly resilient Absorbent Glass Mat battery separators|
|Container||Very strong ABS (Acrylo Nitrile Butadeine Styrene) Containers|
|Electrolyte||Sulfuric acid with a density of 1.26 kg/l, immobilized in highly absorbent AGM separators|
|Specific gravity||1.260SG @ 25ºC|
|Terminal pillar post||100% gas & electrolyte-tight, with EPDM bush design with M8 Tin plated brass inserts|
|Vent valve||Valve Regulated Vent Plugs from Europe, high precision opening & closing pressures with explosion inhibiting ceramic|
|Operating temperature||-20ºC to 55ºC optimum recommended temp is 10ºC to 30ºC|
Full container 12V AGM batteries are usually delivered in 30 days. We ensure that you get factory fresh charged batteries for your order every time.
- 12V AGM Batteries are supplied in export worthy carton box packing & palletized for easy handling.
- Standard 1 year for all supplies
Microtex AGM 12V SMF Battery electrical performance are in compliance with stringent international standards & comply with:
- JIS C 8702-1
- IEC 60896 Part 21-22
- IS 15549:2005
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting AGM VRLA batteries since 2007
for various backup battery applications meeting International norms
Established as mfrs of PVC Battery Separators & PT Bags
Mr A Govindan our Founder & first generation entrepreneur, establishes Microtex pioneering the manufacture of battery separators & Tubular Bags which were import substitutes at the time. He obtained a patent for the Pluri Tubular Bags in 1975
Started exporting Traction Batteries to USSR
Not many companies in the world have the rich experience of manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977. Microtex have supplied over 4500 traction batteries a year during the period
Approved for supply of 2V batteries for Telecom
Started supplies of 2V flooded LMLA batteries to the state owned P&T
Approved for supply to Indian Railways
Batteries for rolling stock applications & stationary batteries for signaling applications.
launched INtelliBATT 12v TT inverter batteries
Highly successful Microtex 12V flooded batteries for the huge inverter battery markets
Started manufacture of VRLA Battery & TSEC approved
Microtex establishes manufacture of VRLA batteries for various applications. Obtained TSEC approvals for VRLA batteries from 2V 200Ah to 2V 5000Ah in a very short time. Supplies to BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Indus Towers, Huawei, Bharti infratel, Viom, etc
Dr Rusch, leading battery scientist joins Microtex
Dr Wieland Rusch, battery expert from Germany & inventor of copper stretch metal submarine batteries, joins Microtex to upgrade & bring to world class designs for the complete range of batteries including traction battery & developed the complete range of OPzS & OPzV Gel battery. Microtex was the first company to launch Gel batteries in India.
Started production of OPzS & OPzV battery
Microtex started supplies of 2V OPzS Batteries to Nuclear facilities in India & exported Gel batteries for various applications including telecom, solar energy storage
Dr McDonagh joins Microtex as CTO
Dr Michael McDonagh with his rich manufacturing experience in various leading battery companies, established strong process controls in Microtex
Fast forward to today
Microtex is legendary for its high quality batteries & reputed in the battery industry for its good & ethical business practices. Microtex manufacturing plant is environment friendly, involves employees & ensures their welfare is first. Microtex is probably one of the few companies worldwide to manufacture in house, the entire battery from the lead alloys, battery containers, the grid castings, plate manufacture, assembly & testing of batteries to world class standards.
Why choose a Microtex 12V AGM battery?
12V AGM BatteryTechnical information & characteristics
12V SMF battery the failsafe battery, with German technology
with more benefits for you
The perfect solution if you want 12V SMF battery technology
What is the cost of a 12V AGM battery bank?
Experience shows that 80% of 2V AGM VRLA batteries last only 2 to 3 years.
Don’t let that happen! Choose long-lasting deep-cycle batteries from Microtex.
- Long service life – 10 years designed life – best return on investment cost
Dependable lead acid battery capacity so you can get complete performance. Your return on investment in Microtex 12V AGM batteries ensures the long term cost is way lower.
Why Microtex Batteries are made better?
Microtex produces the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets, PVC separators in house, and produces the complete battery using state-of-the-art industry-standard battery making machinery. Our batteries are built with proven designs and undergo complete life cycle testing to international norms before they are offered to the market. The electrical lab is complete with high-quality LCT from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron.
Microtex 12V AGM Battery Uses/Applications
Microtex 12V SMF Battery for Hospitals
High-temperature VRLA batteries with high-power density ensure better ROI
Microtex 12V SMF Battery for Large & Small UPS
Can we use SMF battery for inverter? Yes. As well as for UPS systems
SMF Battery for offices, Banks, Insurance
12V AGM battery banks for emergency battery power backup in small & large offices. Service industry cannot afford power outages & rely on our 12V AGM batteries for uninterrupted power supply.
Microtex SMF Battery for Home Solar Inverter
Maintenance-free SMF battery for home solar battery requirements. Microtex 12V AGM Battery for Home Solar inverter applications
12V AGM Batteries for C&I customers, off-grid solar home users, Data centres, Telecommunications, large UPS systems, Nuclear power generation plants, Thermal power stations, Hydro-electric power plants, Electricity substation battery requirements, Large Solar photovoltaic systems, Oil & gas industry, Petrochemical plants, Controls & Switchgear & controls
Send us an inquiry, now.
Why Microtex 12v AGM Battery?
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Our happy customers
All logos belong to the respective companies & Microtex is not associated with the brands
Microtex Reputation. Highly demanding customer base
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- National Hydro Power Corporation
- Electricity substations & Power Generating Stations across India
- Indian Railways
- Oil companies
- Telecom operators
Get a quote, Now!
Established in 1969
Exporting Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Battery manufacturing plant in India
What Microtex customers experience
What is the difference between AGM and GEL batteries?
|Comparision of AGM and flooded Battery|
|12 AGM VRLA Battery||12V flooded Batteries|
|Nominal 12 volts||Nominal 12 volts|
|Positive plate Alloy is made from Lead Calcium alloys||Positive plate Alloy is made from Antimony lead alloys|
|Positive electrode is flat pasted plate||Positive electrode is usually tubular plate|
|Electrolyte is immobilized in Absorbent Glass mat separators in a starved electrolyte condition||Flooded electrolyte|
|Maintenance-free no Topping up with water||Requires topping up with water|
|The Plates are gravity casted||The Positive grid is pressure die casted|
|Special Leak-proof sealed maintenance free design||Vented opening for water topping|
|Battery can be installed in horizontal or vertical position||Battery can be installed in vertical position only|
|The immobilized electrolyte has the advantage of no acid stratification and no failures due to the partial state of charge.||Stratification can occur in tall cells|
|Self discharge is less than 1% per week||Self discharge is less than 1% per week|
|Design float Life is 10 years||Design float Life is 15 plus years|
Microtex is the Best 12V AGM battery
Send us an inquiry, now.
Related Battery Blog Articles