Mining Locomotive Battery
For Battery Powered underground mining equipment
Microtex builds safe and reliable traction batteries for mining locomotive – battery electric locomotive applications. Mining locomotive batteries are 2v battery cells and need to be built with special care and shall not have any sparks in service. Microtex mining locomotive batteries are built with special care to ensure complete safety in operation, is the dependable and trustworthy power source for your mining locomotive deep underground. Trusted locomotive battery manufacturers.
Why Microtex Limitless Mining Locomotive Batteries?
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Complete Range of DIN & BS Types available
Microtex offers the complete international range of Mining Locomotive batteries meeting recognized German & British standards
- 2v PzS traction cells from 100Ah to 1550Ah
- 2v PzB traction cells from 42Ah to 1404Ah
All our traction batteries are designed by the reputed German Battery Scientist Dr Wieland Rusch. We have sold hundreds of thousands of cells globally since 1977
Microtex have been exporting traction batteries from 1977!
Very few battery companies can claim to have been exporting traction batteries for so long!
Our Motive Power Batteries have seen life of 8 to 10 years
The TRUTH about how To Choose a Dependable Mining Locomotive Battery...
even if You Have Been Told All Traction Batteries Are Plus Or Minus The Same Thing!
At Microtex we believe our customers must get the best traction battery performance & life consistently. To this end, we leave no stone un-turned to ensure that you get a superior battery built with great care & passion.
What type of batteries do locomotives use?
Microtex Limitless mining locomotive batteries suppliers for the battery-operated mining locomotive industry is India’s most widely used lead-acid traction battery. They are used as power sources for electric underground mine locomotives. Microtex Motive Power 2v battery cells are available in the complete range of all available internationally approved traction battery sizes both in BS & DIN specifications. Ranging from 80 to 180 volt. Microtex Mining Locomotive batteries are highly optimized. This type of battery design ensures optimal utilization of positive & negative electrode active mass to provide maximum power output. We offer underground mine batteries with either welded & bolt-on terminals.
Designed by Dr Wieland Rusch of Germany – Manufactured with precision and pride in India, we make complete Mining batteries and all its components in house ensuring a high level of quality without having to depend on outside vendors.
Microtex 2v traction battery is made from completely formed plates; & not green plates, formed after assembly. This is to eliminate any chance of unformed active material in the electrodes.
What is locomotive battery? What sets our Mining Locomotive batteries apart from the rest?
- Microtex Limitless Mining Locomotive batteries are available in the complete internationally approved dimensions for BS & DIN designs with either welded or bolt-on terminals from 40Ah to 1440Ah
- How long does a Mining Locomotive battery last? Operational Life: >1500 cycles operation @25°C
- Reduced Maintenance requirements: due to the very low antimony design with selenium as grain refiners, the need to top-up frequently is vastly reduced
- IEC 60 254-1 cycles: >1500
- Self-discharge: Approx 2% per month at 25°C
- Recovery after deep discharge: Very good
- Operational temperature: -20°C to 45°C, recommended 10°C to 35°C, short time 45°C to 55°C
- Reliability: Peace of mind that the mining locomotive battery power supply will remain constant; with longer power available through out the shift.
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers mining locomotive battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Robust heavy-duty construction, thicker spines, coupled with deep-discharge performance
- Price: A realistic, and competitive mining locomotive battery price
Made in India with German Technology
- Mining Battery Terminal Connectors designed for the rated capacity without causing terminal melting or connector melting (common failure mode during service)
- High-quality hardened lead alloys used in terminals & connectors, also with brass inserts
- Trouble-free battery performance throughout its 5 year expected life (Microtex Limitless traction batteries have seen 11 years performance also)
- Designer Low antimony-tin-selenium lead alloys ensure the need for frequent water topping up is substantially reduced – a blessing in the deep underground harsh environment in the underground mines
- A dedicated support team for customer service to help you with the mining locomotive battery replacement
- Our service engineers will come over & take the dimensions & our design team will provide you with an engineering drawing of the mining locomotive battery for your approval. This is our standard practice.
- Microtex traction batteries have been exported from 1977! Not many companies can claim to have this!
- Microtex Limitless Mining Locomotive batteries are supplied only with woven Pluri tubular bags we do not use nonwovens
- Delivery: fastest 21 days assured on-time delivery, every time; Guaranteed
- After-sales: A fully committed, PAN India customer care service is available a phone call away to solve any Mining battery maintenance issue quickly and efficiently
Do you need a mining locomotive battery replacement?
Send us an inquiry, now.
Microtex Limitless Mining Locomotive Battery Specifications
Microtex Limitless Mining locomotive batteries are available in Traction 2v cells with lead-acid technology built to required voltage
- 80V Mining locomotive Battery
- 96V Mining locomotive Battery
- 120V Mining locomotive Battery
- 180V Mining locomotive Battery
Custom-built options made to order
All Mining locomotive batteries are available in International standard designs BS (British Standards) capacities from 42Ah to 1404Ah
& in DIN designs (German Standards) capacities from 100Ah to 1505Ah
Custom built Microtex Limitless Mining locomotive batteries are delivered in 21 days. Assured delivery.
- Each Mining locomotive Battery is placed on a pallet secured well & is packed suitably for safe transport. Each battery is accompanied with a Tree Sapling & a user kit which includes necessary tools for the battery maintenance like, multi meter, hydrometer, insulated spanner, etc.
- All batteries come with our standard 1 year warranty
- Within India you can avail an extended 1 year warranty if you plant the tree sapling & please see the attached tag on the plant for terms.
Microtex Limitless mining locomotive batteries meet stringent International Standards and meets electrical performance to comply with:
- IS 5154 (Part 1)2013
- IEC 60254-1:2005
- IEC 254-2
- EN 60 254-2
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Industry-leading European Battery Experts work with us
The best experts from the European battery, industry assist in the design of Microtex Mining locomotive battery & Processes to European Standards – Making our electric Mining locomotive batteries globally accepted!
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977!
Established as mfrs of PVC Battery Separators & PT Bags
Mr A Govindan our Founder & first generation entrepreneur, establishes Microtex pioneering the manufacture of battery separators & Tubular Bags which were import substitutes at the time. He obtained a patent for the Pluri Tubular Bags in 1975
Started exporting Traction Batteries to USSR
Not many companies in the world have the rich experience of manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977. Microtex have supplied over 4500 traction batteries a year during the period
Approved for supply of 2V batteries for Telecom
Started supplies of 2V flooded LMLA batteries to the state owned P&T
Approved for supply to Indian Railways
Batteries for rolling stock applications & stationary batteries for signaling applications.
launched INtelliBATT 12v TT inverter batteries
Highly successful Microtex 12V flooded batteries for the huge inverter battery markets
Started manufacture of VRLA Battery & TSEC approved
Microtex establishes manufacture of VRLA batteries for various applications. Obtained TSEC approvals for VRLA batteries from 2V 200Ah to 2V 5000Ah in a very short time. Supplies to BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Indus Towers, Huawei, Bharti infratel, Viom, etc
Dr Rusch, leading battery scientist joins Microtex
Dr Wieland Rusch, battery expert from Germany & inventor of copper stretch metal submarine batteries, joins Microtex to upgrade & bring to world class designs for the complete range of batteries including traction battery & developed the complete range of OPzS & OPzV Gel battery. Microtex was the first company to launch Gel batteries in India.
Started production of OPzS & OPzV battery
Microtex started supplies of 2V OPzS Batteries to Nuclear facilities in India & exported Gel batteries for various applications including telecom, solar energy storage
Dr McDonagh joins Microtex as CTO
Dr Michael McDonagh with his rich manufacturing experience in various leading battery companies, established strong process controls in Microtex
Fast forward to today
Microtex is legendary for its high quality batteries & reputed in the battery industry for its good & ethical business practices. Microtex manufacturing plant is environment friendly, involves employees & ensures their welfare is first. Microtex is probably one of the few companies worldwide to manufacture in house, the entire battery from the lead alloys, battery containers, the grid castings, plate manufacture, assembly & testing of batteries to world class standards.
Why choose a Microtex Mining locomotive battery?
Technical information & unique characteristics
You get -
with more benefits for you
Here is the perfect solution if you want
trouble-free Mining locomotive battery performance
What is the cost of Mining locomotive battery?
Experience shows that 90% of batteries last only 3 to 4 years.
Don’t let that happen! Choose long-lasting deep-cycle batteries from Microtex. Dependable lead acid battery capacity so you can get the complete performance of over 5 years. Your return on investment in Microtex Limitless Mining locomotive batteries ensures the long term cost is way lower.
How long do Mining locomotive batteries last?
Special designer lead alloys, with super additives, tin, low-antimony, arsenic, ensuring a really long life for your Microtex Limitless™ Mining Locomotive battery. In addition, we add nucleating agents like selenium, sulfur & copper to ensure the lead electrodes do not corrode for a long time, ensuring a very long life. The addition of nucleating agents gives the grids a fine-grained structure with good corrosion resistance as otherwise, the coarse dendritic structure will be prone to hot cracking and porosity.
Microtex Limitless Mining locomotive Battery
Mining locomotive battery charging
Microtex Limitless Mining locomotive batteries
Mining locomotive battery
Deep cycle tubular battery
Traction battery for mining locomotive
Send us an inquiry, now.
Our happy customers
All logos belong to the respective companies & Microtex is not associated with the brands
Microtex Reputation. Highly demanding customer base
- OEM suppliers to manufacturers
- leading user manufacturing industries
- Indian Railways
- Oil companies
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- Exported globally
Get a quote, Now!
Established in 1969
Exporting Traction Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Battery manufacturing plant in India
What Microtex customers experience
Related Batteries available
Send us an inquiry, now.
Related Battery Blog Articles
Battery Mistakes All Mining locomotive Battery Owners Need To Avoid!
Do not mix new cells into old batteries
Mining locomotive Battery recondition: often reconditioning an old battery can become quite a costly affair if you keep replacing dead cells one by one; even the new cell will drain out rapidly as the old cells tend to draw more out of the new one.
Mining locomotive replacement batteries: It is best to have an expert from the company visit you to have a thorough inspection of the Mining locomotive battery after a complete charge, compare the cell voltage, specific gravity
Avoid any sort of additives or desulfation methods
How to recondition Mining locomotive batteries? Batteries are electro-chemical devices. All chemicals have a half-life period beyond which regeneration with chemical additives or desulfators for batteries have little effect if any temporary.
The normal mode of failure of Mining locomotive batteries is usually due to grid corrosion if the lead alloys are not designed properly. Desulfators cannot repair corroded grids.