Front Terminal BATTERY
Deep-cycle Front Access Battery
Microtex has been manufacturing VRLA batteries since 2007 for Telecom, Solar & Standby battery applications meeting Global standards.
Front Terminal AGM battery 12v 100Ah to 12v 200Ah
Why Front Terminal SMF battery?
Traditionally 2v AGM VRLA battery has been used in telecom tower applications. The rapid increase in density of towers in thickly populated areas has led to the need for batteries with a smaller capacity & a smaller footprint to be housed inside the Base Station Cabinet itself. This reduced the need for a separate space & a separate cabinet for housing the large 2v battery. These stringent requirements led us to develop the Dunia Front Terminal battery which is a sleek compact & yet very robust deep cycle battery which can perform in high-temperature conditions
Being housed inside the crowded Base Station Cabinet, the access to the battery terminals of traditional 12v batteries with terminals on opposite sides, could not suffice the job. Battery manufacturers redesigned the terminals which were shifted to the front enabling easy battery connections & ease of maintenance & voltage readings. This has become popularly known as a Front terminal battery and is a true front access battery.
For Telecom power systems, UPS systems, Data Centres, Network equipment, Solar power, Wind energy
Microtex Dunia Front Terminal Battery are 12v Front Access valve-regulated VRLA batteries with high power-density having high-temperature (AGM) absorbent glass mat separators. Available in a wide range of 12v batteries from 100Ah to 200Ah. AGM Front terminal Battery for the Standby Power & Telecom industry from Microtex is a sealed maintenance-free battery with assured quality.
What is a VRLA Battery? Valve Regulated VRLA lead Acid or commonly called VRLA Battery are sealed maintenance-free. It is sealed for the life of the battery. Have no water loss, due to the gas recombination process. Water loss is eliminated making it a maintenance-free battery. The absorbent glass mat (AGM) design allows transport for the gas recombination of Oxygen inside the battery. As the gases are transported through the absorbent glass mat separator, it recombines hydrogen & oxygen, to form water which goes back into the chemical reaction to generate power on the next charge-discharge cycle.
These 12v Front Terminal battery are rechargeable lead-acid battery banks used for power backup as a battery bank with high rates of discharge typically used inside of cabinets in, Telecom, Data centres, and Standby applications. Microtex Sealed Lead Acid batteries, being a gas recombination valve regulated lead acid AGM VRLA battery, it is a completely sealed maintenance-free SMF battery. The internal resistance is measured for each and every cell to ensure high consistency & reliability. A high-rate discharge test is performed for each cell to ensure battery integrity. Voltage is regulated by the correct and balanced active materials proportions, ensuring high cycle life performance.
Front Terminal Solar Battery manufacturer in India
- Microtex 12V Front Terminal deep cycle battery in ABS containers are available in 12v 100Ah, 125Ah, 150Ah, 175Ah & 200AH
- 190Ah 12V AGM deep cycle front terminal battery & 140Ah 12V AGM deep cycle front terminal battery also available
- Fits standard 19 inch or 23 inch power cabinets
- 12V Front Terminal Telecom Battery designed life: > 10 years in standby float operation @25°C – 1300 cycles at 20% depth of discharge
- Maintenance-Free: No topping up water during the operational life
- Operating temperatures: -20 deg c to +55 deg c
- Self-discharge: Approx 1% per week at 25°C
- Shelf life without recharge: May be stored up to 6 months
- Operational temperature: -20°C to 45°C, recommended 10°C to 35°C, short time 45°C to 55°C
- Reliability: Peace of mind that the AGM 12V Front Terminal battery backup power supply will remain constant; longer power backup discharges during a power outage
- German Design: With balanced active materials delivers battery capacity that meets international specifications
- Durability: Thicker grid construction, for deep-cycle performance with increased life
- Special insulators for plate ends: eliminates shorting
- Price: A realistic, and competitive 12V Front Terminal battery price
- Delivery: On time, every time; Guaranteed
- After-sales: We are a 12V Front Terminal manufacturer in India with a fully committed, PAN India customer care service is available a phone call away to solve any issue quickly and efficiently
Made in India with German Technology
- Leak-Proof design Our special design ensures a complete seal
- High-quality Resilient Absorbent glass mat (AGM) separators ensure cells will not dry out
- AGM separators are C wrapped to eliminate shorting
- True front access battery design for ease of installation & usage flexibility
- Calcium lead alloy grids provide for superb oxygen recombination & maintenance-free performance
- Large terminal post design: Strong posts with good conductivity & mechanical strength. Threaded, lead-tin brass or copper inserts give increased conductivity & better high rate discharge performance, without heating up of terminals
- A larger contact area for better conductivity inserts eliminates melting of terminal
- Fire-retardent (FR) Grade ABS containers, covers & post seal optional: Fire safe
- Low internal resistance values for each cell
- A dedicated design team for customer service to help you through selection & sizing options
- Microtex 12V Front Terminal are regularly exported
- The combination of Tin-calcium lead alloy positive plates with designer alloying elements deliver the best performance. in VRLA battery type technology for ultra-long battery life & performance.
- Seismically qualified battery racks are available
True Front Access Batteries
Request a quote, now
Microtex Dunia 12v FT Battery - tested & proven
Microtex 12V Front Terminal datasheet, technical information, & downloads
Microtex 12V Front Terminal VRLA batteries are available from 12v 100Ah to 12v 200Ah in ABS containers & ABS covers
|Positive Electrode||Flat Pasted plate with Nano carbons & special Lead calcium tin alloy for better charge acceptance|
|Negative Electrode||Flat pasted with nanocarbons & special additives for longer life|
|Separators||Resilient High-performance AGM separators|
|Container||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)|
|Cover/lid||ABS with both Terminals on the front (hence the name)|
|Electrolyte||Sulfuric acid with a density of 1.26 kg/l, immobilized in AGM Separators|
|Specific gravity||1.280SG @ 25ºC|
|Terminal pillar post||100% gas & electrolyte-tight with M8 brass inserts (recommended torque 10Nm)|
|Intercell connectors||Electrolytic grade lead plated copper connectors of rated capacity|
|Vent valve||Valve Regulated Vent Plugs with precision opening & closing pressures|
|Operating temperature||-20ºC to 55ºC optimum recommended temp is 10ºC to 30ºC|
|Depth of discharge||normally up to 80%|
|Maximum Float charging current||0.25C of rated capacity at 10 hour @ 25 deg C|
|Max Boost charging current||0.25C of rated capacity at 10 hour @ 25 deg C|
|Charging time up to 88%||6h with 1.5xI10 Initial current, 2.23 V/cell, which was previously discharged up to 80% C3 rate|
12V Front terminal batteries are usually delivered in 30 days. We ensure that you get factory fresh batteries for your order every time.
- 12V Front Terminal Batteries are supplied fully assembled in individual sturdy carton boxes and placed on wooden pallets suitable for safe transport.
- Standard 1 year for all supplies
Microtex Dunia Front Access Battery electrical performance in compliance with:
- IEC 60896-Part 21 & 22
- IEC 61427
- IEEE 1188 & 1189
- BSNL GR No TEC/GR/TX/BAT-001/04 June 2011 with Amdt No 1
12 volt Front terminal batteries performance details:
- Self discharge : Less than 1% per week
- Shelf life before recharge required: 6 months please refer instruction manual for storage requirements
- Operating temperatures : -20ºC to +55ºC
- Optimum energy saving operating temperature: +25ºC (+80.6ºF)
- Designed Float Life : 10 years
- Designed cycle life at 25 deg c:
– 4000 cycles at 20% depth of discharge
– 2000 cycles at 50% depth of discharge
– 1200 cycles at 80% depth of discharge
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting VRLA batteries from 2007
for various battery storage applications meeting International norms
Established as mfrs of PVC Battery Separators & PT Bags
Mr A Govindan our Founder & first generation entrepreneur, establishes Microtex pioneering the manufacture of battery separators & Tubular Bags which were import substitutes at the time. He obtained a patent for the Pluri Tubular Bags in 1975
Started exporting Traction Batteries to USSR
Not many companies in the world have the rich experience of manufacturing & exporting traction batteries from 1977. Microtex have supplied over 4500 traction batteries a year during the period
Approved for supply of 2V batteries for Telecom
Started supplies of 2V flooded LMLA batteries to the state owned P&T
Approved for supply to Indian Railways
Batteries for rolling stock applications & stationary batteries for signaling applications.
launched INtelliBATT 12v TT inverter batteries
Highly successful Microtex 12V flooded batteries for the huge inverter battery markets
Started manufacture of VRLA Battery & TSEC approved
Microtex establishes manufacture of VRLA batteries for various applications. Obtained TSEC approvals for VRLA batteries from 2V 200Ah to 2V 5000Ah in a very short time. Supplies to BSNL, Idea, Airtel, Indus Towers, Huawei, Bharti infratel, Viom, etc
Dr Rusch, leading battery scientist joins Microtex
Dr Wieland Rusch, battery expert from Germany & inventor of copper stretch metal submarine batteries, joins Microtex to upgrade & bring to world class designs for the complete range of batteries including traction battery & developed the complete range of OPzS & OPzV Gel battery. Microtex was the first company to launch Gel batteries in India.
Started production of OPzS & OPzV battery
Microtex started supplies of 2V OPzS Batteries to Nuclear facilities in India & exported Gel batteries for various applications including telecom, solar energy storage
Dr McDonagh joins Microtex as CTO
Dr Michael McDonagh with his rich manufacturing experience in various leading battery companies, established strong process controls in Microtex
Fast forward to today
Microtex is legendary for its high quality batteries & reputed in the battery industry for its good & ethical business practices. Microtex manufacturing plant is environment friendly, involves employees & ensures their welfare is first. Microtex is probably one of the few companies worldwide to manufacture in house, the entire battery from the lead alloys, battery containers, the grid castings, plate manufacture, assembly & testing of batteries to world class standards.
Why choose a Microtex 12V Front Terminal battery?
Technical information & characteristics
Front Terminal deep cycle battery
with more benefits for you
The perfect solution if you want 12v Front Terminal SMF battery performance
What is the cost of a 12V Front Terminal battery?
Experience shows that 80% of 12V Front Terminal batteries last only 7 to 8 years.
Don’t let that happen! Choose long-lasting deep-cycle batteries from Microtex.
- Long service life – 10 years designed life – best return on investment cost
Dependable lead acid battery capacity so you can get complete performance. Your return on investment in Microtex 12V Front Terminal batteries ensures the long term cost is way lower.
Why Microtex 12V Front Terminal Batteries are made better?
Microtex produces the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets, PVC separators in house, and produces the complete battery using state-of-the-art industry-standard battery making machinery. Our batteries are built with proven designs and undergo complete life cycle testing to international norms before they are offered to the market. The electrical lab is complete with high-quality LCT from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron.
Microtex 12V Front Terminal Battery Applications
Front terminal battery for Data Centres
Smaller footprint slim AGM battery front terminal
Front terminal battery applications in Telecom
Microtex Dunia Front terminal battery compact with high power density
Front terminal battery in Server rooms
High-temperature Front Terminal Battery
Front terminal Battery for Network Centres
Maintenance-free Front Terminal Standby battery power systems
12V Front Terminal Battery for C&I customers, solar energy storage, Data centres, Telecommunications, large UPS systems, wind energy battery requirements.
Send us an inquiry, now.
Why Microtex Front Terminal Battery?
German Designs - Made for Indian conditions
Microtex batteries are designed by Dr Wieland Rusch a leading battery scientist & inventor of the copper stretch metal submarine battery design.
Comparable to any leading international brands of batteries – our designs match with the best in the world.
Established in 1969, Microtex is known for its legendary quality
Microtex batteries are known the world over for its dependable & reliable battery performance
Unlike competitors, Microtex makes the complete battery & all its components in house
Microtex produces in house, the specially designed lead alloys, lead oxides, grid castings, pasted plates, injection-moulded containers, multi-tubular gauntlets (PT Bags), PVC separators and produces the complete battery using state of the art industry standard battery making machinery.
Our happy customers
All logos belong to the respective companies & Microtex is not associated with the brands
Microtex Reputation. Highly demanding customer base
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India
- National Hydro Power Corporation
- Electricity substations & Power Generating Stations across India
- Indian Railways
- Oil companies
- Telecom operators
Get a quote, Now!
Established in 1969
Exporting Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Battery manufacturing plant in India
What Microtex customers experience
Send us an inquiry, now.
Related Battery Blog Articles
What does AGM Battery mean? What does AGM Battery stand for? Let us first know what does the acronym, AGM, stand for. AGM Battery full …
VRLA Battery meaning
VRLA Battery meaning A brief overview of what VRLA Battery means One of the major drawbacks with charging a flooded lead-acid battery is the breakdown …
What is a VRLA Battery?
What is a VRLA battery? A Valve Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) battery is simply a lead-acid battery in which the electrolyte has been immobilised in …