Microtex forklift battery for battery operated forklift
Designed by Dr Wieland Rusch of Germany – Manufactured with precision and pride in India, we make the complete forklift battery and all its components in house ensuring a high level of quality without having to depend on outside vendors.
Microtex forklift battery for the battery operated forklift industry is India’s most widely used lead-acid traction battery. They are used as power sources for electric forklifts, stackers, and platform trucks. Microtex Motive Power 2v cells are available in the complete range of all available internationally approved forklift battery sizes both in British & DIN specifications. Ranging from 24 to 96 volt. Microtex electric forklift battery is highly optimized. The battery design ensures optimal utilization of positive & negative electrode active mass to provide maximum power output. We offer forklift batteries with welded & bolt-on terminals.
Made up of 2v cells, in the complete international range:
PzS from 100Ah to 1550Ah
PzB from 42Ah to 1404Ah
Microtex Best forklift Battery at realistic & affordable prices
Microtex 2v traction battery is made from completely formed plates & not green plates; formed after assembly. This is to eliminate any chance of unformed active material in the electrodes. Microtex uses the superior highly porous engineered woven PT Bags for its tubular plates. Forklift battery chargers are offered if required. Our fork lift truck batteries prices are economical. They are designed for electric traction motive power & energy supply for the sophisticated electronics in modern forklifts, with high energy capacity & deep cycle performance. It comes with quick re-charging time, low water consumption & long cycle life. This provides easy maintenance for the user. Added features ensure longer periods of time of discharge.
Microtex - Best forklift battery price in India
What sets our traction battery apart from the rest?
Microtex have been exporting traction batteries from 1977. Not many battery companies can make that claim. 50 years of manufacturing experience puts our Microtex traction batteries as one of the top 10 traction battery manufacturers in India. Our traction batteries are designed for deep discharge performance. Manufactured with low antimony alloys, they require very less water topping-up. A boon for the battery maintenance team! Available in the complete international range from 40Ah to 1550Ah in British (BS) & German (DIN) specifications. Choose from either welded terminals for that perfect connection or for flexibility in use, you can have bolt-on terminals.
With a Microtex forklift battery, you get:
- Trouble-free performance
- Reduced water topping-up needs, makes you feel it is a water less battery!
- Faster charge with nano-carbons!
- High power efficiency – performs through the shift!
- Longer discharge period – heavy-duty, coupled with deep-cycle capabilities
- Long-life – better return on investment
- Awesome customer service experience to help you through any service-based issues after your battery purchase
Microtex electric forklift battery, raises your expectations!
Meets stringent specifications
Microtex traction battery specifications meet International Standards. Microtex traction batteries & forklift battery comply with:
- IS 5154 (Part 1)2013
- IEC 60254-1:2005
- IEC 254-2
- EN 60 254-2
Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art high-quality life-cycle testers from world-class suppliers Bitrode and Digatron to ensure our batteries stand to meet the required electrical parameters to the test of time.
- MS, Powder coated to 100 microns to ensure battery housing tray does not corrode during the expected long life of Microtex traction battery
Special unique layer of coating in addition to powder coating makes double protection – no corrosion
- Cushioned packing between cells to gently transfer jerks & jolts, keeping the battery cells, vibration-free to provide a long service life
- Cells are provided with air agitation vent hole provision for special chargers available with this feature to avoid stratification of acid
- Factory fresh charged batteries for forklifts – No fuss no mess, use straight away
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Low antimony reduces the need to top up more frequently
- Correctly balanced active materials ensure enhanced energy densities that provide long life & trouble-free performance
- 150 bar high-pressure die-cast spine grids for tubular positive plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Superior WOVEN tubular gauntlets (not NON-Wovens) for tubular plates
- Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Specially designed Microtex flip-top vent plugs with built-in red float level indicator offers easy visual indication of electrolyte level
- High-quality flexible copper cell connectors with accurate current rating design
- Sturdy PPCP (polypropylene copolymer) cell jars for durability
- Special plastic coated, corrosion-resistant bolts, with micro-hole to take voltage readings
- Plastic shrouds on connectors ensure no accidental shorts
- Heavy Duty Anderson / Rema Plugs for take-off terminal connections
- German automatic water filling system for single-point watering for automation & quick maintenance for large forklift fleet operators
MHE Battery range
Traction 2v cells with lead-acid technology for forklifts
48v Traction Battery
Custom-built options available
All forklift batteries are available in International standard designs BS (British Standards) capacities from 42Ah to 1404Ah
& in DIN designs (German Standards) capacities from 100Ah to 1505Ah
Maintenance & user manual
Always refer the manufacturer’s user manual for safety. You can get the best life out of your battery by following the battery manufacturer’s user guide
Charging your forklift battery
Opportunity charging & poor charging practice is one of the most frequent causes of early failure. Protect your new investment. Follow the best charging practices to get maximum life from your forklift batteries.
GTP, discharge curves & drawings
For GTP, discharge curves, drawings & traction battery price or for exports, Please send us a quick message with your requirements. We shall provide you with all information as required.
What is a traction battery?
According to European standard IEC 60254 – 1 lead acid traction batteries are used as power sources for electric propulsion in applications which include road vehicles, locomotives, industrial forklift trucks and mechanical handling equipment(MHE). The traction power pack can be made of 2 volt cells, or 4, 6, 8 and 12V monoblocs (Fig.1). There is no stipulation in the traction market on the internal construction of the traction batteries but the external dimensions are defined in standards such as IEC 60254 – 2. The battery capacity is measured over a defined battery discharge test from fully charged to 1.7 volts per cell over a period of 5 hours (C5 test).
How to choose a lead-acid traction battery for your forklift trucks?
The majority of EV traction power used in the fork lift truck market are 2v traction cells, of which over 90% are the flooded tubular plate battery design. These are generally used for pallet and forklift trucks in multiples of 6 to give 12v forklift battery, 24v traction battery, 36v forklift battery 48v forklift battery or 80v forklift battery packs, with 80 volts breaking the series progression and forming the upper limit for most forklift manufacturing companies.
There are standard traction pack sizes for forklift manufacturers from different countries based on their national standards. The majority of forklifts in India like Nilkamal forklifts, Godrej forklifts, Josts forklifts, Toyota forklifts, Kuon forklifts etc., (Disclaimer – all brands belong to respective companies & Microtex is not part of them) will use a DIN or BS standard size of cell. This determines the external dimensions, pole arrangement and expected capacity.
What other factors to choose a forklift battery?
Forklift trucks have battery containers which are standard sizes based on multiples of the appropriate cell dimensions. These sizes are also regulated container sizes expected for BS and DIN standards. Considerations when choosing a suitable battery go beyond simply choosing the right capacity, which of course is critical.
Other factors which influence battery choice include:
The make and size of forklift
Length of operation
Get in touch with Microtex to help you evaluate your requirement. We will take the details necessary to calculate the size, capacity and type of battery that will fulfil all of your technical and economic requirements. Why take the risk of doing it yourself?
Exporting Traction Batteries to 43 countries since 1977!
Request a quote
Related Blog posts
What is a traction battery? According to European standard IEC 60254 – 1 lead acid traction battery are used as power sources for electric propulsion in applications which include road vehicles, locomotives, industrial forklift trucks and mechanical handling equipment(MHE). The traction battery pack can be made of 2 volt cells, or 4, 6, 8 and