Microtex railway traction distribution battery - TRD battery
Indian Railway Traction Distribution department is responsible for maintenance & operation of overhead equipment, power supply installations, sectioning post & remote control to supply necessary electric power to electric locomotive\MEMU. Traction power supplied from various feeding post and traction sub-station is controlled by Traction Power Controller (TPC) from Remote Control Centre (RCC).
Microtex produces the complete range of railway traction distribution battery for Railway TRD requirements. Microtex is a Part 1 supplier to the Indian Railways. Microtex Railway TRD Batteries are specially designed for very low maintenance. Requiring water topping-up once a year. It is most suited for remote applications where accessibility is poor. The TRD battery has excellent reserve capacity and robust in construction.
Supplied in both Hard Rubber and in the NEW PPCP hermetically heat-sealed containers. Microtex offers the complete requirements of Indian railway track distribution battery 110v 40Ah & 110v 200Ah. Microtex is a dependable backup power source for the critical Railway track distribution infrastructure to ensure total reliability for track distribution installations.
Microtex Railway traction distribution battery is available in both low maintenance batteries and SMF Maintenance-free VRLA Battery. Suitable for TRD applications for maintenance & operation of overhead equipment & power supply installations with reliable battery backup for control centres.
Microtex is a Part 1 supplier to the Indian Railways and has proven performance and track record for high quality & reliable railway TRD batteries.
Traction distribution battery 110v 40Ah & 110v 200Ah TRD Battery
2v cells in Hard rubber
2v cells in PPCP containers
2v Tubular batteries
What sets our Traction distribution battery apart from the rest?
Microtex have been manufacturing & exporting batteries from 1977. Not many battery companies can make that claim. 50 years of manufacturing experience puts our Microtex railway Traction distribution battery as one of the top railway battery manufacturers.
Our TRD battery is designed for long-duration float applications with deep-discharge performance. Manufactured with very low antimony alloys, they require very less water topping-up. A boon for the railway TRD application. Approved by RDSO our TRD Battery range in LMLA 2v cells 110v 40Ah & 110v 200Ah meeting & exceeding RDSO specifications. With a Microtex railway TRD battery, you get:
Reduced water topping-up needs, up to 18 months!
Faster charge acceptance with nano-carbons!
High power efficiency – recovers from PSoC quickly
Longer discharge period – heavy-duty, coupled with deep-cycle capabilities
Long-life – better return on investment
Microtex is RDSO Approved Part 1 vendor since 1994
- Designer lead alloys with low antimony for positive plates & negative plates to prevent failures due to corrosion
- Low antimony reduces the need to top up more frequently
- Correctly balanced active materials ensure enhanced energy densities that provide long life & trouble-free performance
- 150 bar high-pressure die-cast spine grids for tubular positive plates (densely compacted under such high pressures prevent early corrosion failures)
- Tubular plates – not flat plates!
- Superior WOVEN tubular gauntlets (not Nonwovens) for tubular plates
- Woven tubular gauntlets will not rupture in service and active material will not leak causing internal shorts & failure
- Sturdy PPCP (polypropylene copolymer) for durability
- Factory fresh charged batteries. No fuss no mess, use straight away
Railway TRD battery range
TRD batteries built meeting railway specification 2v cells with lead-acid technology. Microtex signal batteries in PPCP containers:
- 2v 40Ah Battery
- 2v 200Ah Battery
GTP, discharge curves & drawings
For GTP, discharge curves, drawings & TRD battery prices or for exports, Please send us a quick message with your requirements. We shall provide you with all information as required.
Requirements for railway TRD battery
Microtex railway traction distribution battery offers 3 of the most important requirements for you :
- Reliability – TRD batteries cater to an important function in the railways – dependability. There can be no scope for error or failure of the traction distribution system. When there is a power outage, Microtex TRD batteries seamlessly supply continuous power to the traction power controllers & the remote control equipment. This is a no-compromise requirement & met by Microtex with decades of experience & understanding of railway TRD requirements. For this, quality control at each stage of TRD battery manufacture and final safety checks are essential. Microtex takes this responsibility very seriously and under their ISO 9000 accreditation, ensure that every manufacturing stage and every component is checked for electrical, chemical and physical properties. The final product railway traction distribution battery is 100% tested for both performance and safety.
- Ease of installation – Microtex TRD batteries are designed with simplicity & ease of use. User end railway satisfaction is the prime key to its product success. The TRD battery is designed in such a way that is meant to be easy to install.
- Operation – Microtex railway TRD batteries are designed with enough capacity over their lifetime. This ensures operational requirements over years of use. Minimum antimony alloy ensures that the cells require very less topping up compared to any battery in the railways. You have savings in maintenance costs. This is also invaluable in remote hilly locations where frequent maintenance is difficult. Microtex tubular batteries recover from PSoC deep discharges efficiently. Built strong & built rugged for the railways.
The purpose of Traction Distribution is to supply electric power to the running locomotives. Different systems have evolved over the years based on existing power handling technologies available during the times. Currently, 25KV traction power is the prevailing Traction Distribution in Indian Railways. Transfer of power from stationary equipment to the moving locomotive is either thru overhead power transmission equipment or through a third rail. Low voltage applications use the third rail & in cases where avoidance of accidental touch by human beings is envisaged, the line is underground or elevated to ensure safety.
Safety – Being a safety item & a critical requirement of the Indian railways, Microtex railway Traction Distribution battery have been designed with enough capacity to ensure that it will deliver power smoothly over the years when the need arises.
Lead storage battery installation & commissioning A guide to Installation & commissioning of large lead storage battery banks.Lead storage battery or stationary battery are called as such, based on the functions it was designed for. Stationary batteries as the name suggest are designed to function & operate at the location where it is installed &
2v battery maintenance guide This is a general guide to obtain super long life from your battery banks. Always read & follow the battery manufacturer’s instructions to obtain the best performance characteristics. Only trained & authorized personnel familiar with battery installation, charging & maintenance shall be permitted to maintain large stationary battery banks. Do not